Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Task_1 failed! Error=700 now the default?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task_1 failed! Error=700 now the default?

It seems credentials may be required, I am a paid member of several years standing, I have been in the IT profession, senior technical side, working for a multinational hardware, software, service outsourcing company for the past 34 years. O/S - Windows XP Pro SP3, Pioneer and Sony DVD writers. I am using the latest release of DVDFAB (at time of writing 20th Feb). Quite happy to try the latest Beta, if someone can tell me it addresses all or any of the issues below!

ALL of the last 6 DVD's I have tried to back up have failed with the above error.

All of the DVD's are Region 2, Backup attemtped in Split mode 1 DVD:2Blanks
    tried with pathplayer option on and off

Love Happens
    Imagine That
    Transformers 2
    American Virgin
    GI Joe
    G Force

However, this has been happening more and more over the past year. Generally, not always, I can revert to Movie Only and get a backup - but there are many free rip/burn programs that would let me do that - the BIG problem here is that you almost invariably lose picture and sound quality (unless the film is relatively short and fits on 1 DVD at 100% quality in Movie Only mode) that is very noticeable, even with a good upscaling player (Sony Bluray).

If this problem persists, possibly Movie Only at could at least be allowed to span 2 disks to preserve quality for those users who want this - and I know there are users that just want a 1 DVD copy, and who do not mind losing
    sound/picture quality. Ok, I realise you still lose all other, extra content, but it would represent an improvement on what is possible today.

I use DVD Fab because all the family use the DVD's in their own players, and often the whole backup is required, for reasons you can probably guess! (We started our immediate family quite late but that is definitely our problem)!

Guess like many others, the reason I purchased DVDFAB was to avoid such errors entirely, but it seems not to be doing this, which makes what are the most useful aspects of the software unavailable as options. I have sent in reports for some failures, but it seems Region 2 is not a priority, based on feedback in other forums, and others I know personally who have reported problems. I have never received a direct response, or an implied response in terms of a fix being applied for the exact reason I reported, in all of the years I have submitted issue reports.

Is it just me having these issues, am I unlucky in the choice of DVD's I buy? Do the software authors follow this forum, what is the mechanism for expressing this concern and possibly getting feedback on how the situation might be improved?

Hi max
    Your post should probably be in the DVD to DVD forum, I will move it for you. Error code 700 may be new, but it is not on the last update to the error codes that was posted in October. Many of the movies you list have bad sector protection and required an update to DVDFab, so make sure you are using v6.2.2.0b or whatever is newer. Sorry you are having trouble. I will test split mode here and see if it produces an error. Please see the Help Us Help You document posted in the DVD to DVD forum and attach all of the log files that it requests, it will help diagnose the problem.
    Last edited by signals; 02-20-2010, 03:46 PM.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've had this 700 error on two French disks - looks like a copy protection that DVDFab haven't worked out yet - maybe the disks haven't been released in China yet. DVDFab doesn't seem able to copy all disks as they claim.

Comment

Thanks for that, and for such a quick response to my post!

I tried 6.2.2.0b with all of the DVD's, only difference appears to be the error is now 100:

16:49:39: Split process started
        16:49:40: Copy VTS_01_0.VOB failed
        16:49:40: Task_1 failed! Error=100

It never gets to the Write phase, so this is the only relevant log file I can see.
        You put the DVD in, and within 1 second of the copy process commencement, the error message appears, whether pathplayer was on or off.

I tend to concur with the above poster, who is having problems with disks in France, this looks like a copy protection process, seen very early, that DVDFAB cannot yet handle. As you can see, it has happened on 6 out of 6 DVD's for me, so it is becoming VERY common.

Comment

max and parallax
          Please open the latest version of DVDFab and allow it to analyze one of these discs. Then click on the checkmark to open the Info page. In the upper right corner, click on the 'Send Info' button. This will copy and send the disc IFO files and other data to Fengtao. In the comment area at the bottom of the form, you should include a link to this thread.

We ask for the log files because they contain other information that can be useful in troubleshooting problems like this. They can be attached to a post without copying and pasting, but they will be sent with the IFO files so no need to do it now.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How do I get it to analyse the disk?

Comment

It does this automatically when you insert the disc in the drive or when you start DVDFab if the disc is already in the drive. It does not matter if this part of the process completes successfully or not, the Send function will still copy the IFO files and send them to Fengtao.

Comment

theparallaxview as signals explained Please open the latest version of DVDFab put the disc you are having problems with and allow it to analyze one of these discs. Then click on the checkmark to open the Info page. In the upper right corner, click on the 'Send Info' button. This will copy and send the disc IFO files and other data to Fengtao. In the comment area at the bottom of the form, you should include a link to this thread.
                sorry signals did not see you post before me.
                Last edited by CBR929; 02-20-2010, 06:02 PM. Reason: text
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I can't see a send function - bit confused as what's needed here.

Comment

theparallaxview Please open the latest version of DVDFab put the disc you are having problems with and allow it to analyze one of these discs. After it analyzes click the green check mark on top under info click send info files.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Not sure what's meant by the checkmark either - if it's the green tick icon that does nothing.

Comment

I've also tried the latest beta as that says it fixes the Coco before Chanel issue - it doesn't work with Monsieur Hire though

Comment

Originally posted by theparallaxview View Post
                          Not sure what's meant by the checkmark either - if it's the green tick icon that does nothing.
                          Yes the little green circle with a checkmark in the center...clicking it should open the common settings page within the program. Does it not open when clicked?
                          The first page you see should have the 'send info' tab at the top. Even if Fab will not open the disc after the initial scan you should still be able to send the info files.

Comment

Working...
                          X