DVD will not play in DVD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD will not play in DVD player

at first it thought it was the dvd brand and noticed it didn’t have the dvd logo so I bought some of those and copied it over to those well it worked GREAT started copying some of my old Monk series and I put one of the disc in the player and guess what same thing it will not play but these dvd play on computer and laptop so now I’m to DVD player thinking maybe it need updated but I don’t want to do that then I will not be able to play cinvia Blu-ray and dvd but go back and remember that I have the official dvd blanks and they worked now why not now. So now I’m thinking something in dvdvfab is causing but what would cause it not to play on a dvd play but it plays on everything else.

This generally means that the disc was not finalized properly or was burned at too high a speed setting. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session and burn log from the failed attempt. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

1st - try slowing down your burn speed to 4x
      it may be that your player does need to be updated in order to read those discs
      also you might try burning the discs with imgburn.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        This generally means that the disc was not finalized properly or was burned at too high a speed setting. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session and burn log from the failed attempt. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
        That's the interesting part there is no failed attempt BUT i'm trying to troubleshoot now I deleted all the log's and started new one's just so they're not a mile long to go through and it did it again, next I'm going to slow down the burn speed and see if that makes any different. Now on the other side of that the Blu-Ray are PERFECT EVERYTIME so why is the DVD screwed up but not the Blu-Ray the only difference there is one's a Movie Blu-Ray (Main Movie) and the other is an OLDER TV SERIES DVD (Full Disc) maybe this will help a little because I'm kind a DUH what's going on or changed that I didn't catch... Now the Media is Verbatim DVD Life Series I've had luck with them before never had an issue
        Attached Files

Comment

okay been testing gone through about 3 DVD 1 normal didn't work, 1 reduced speed didn't work 1 with A DVD+R it worked, now trying ImgBurn with a DVD to see if it changed anything

After my test it has something to do with the DVD Media but what I don't know The ImgBurn with DVD didn't work either so that's all that's left is DVD Media and player I don't know what has changed BUT the DVD Media...

So what is the best type of DVD Media to buy to prevent this from happening again??? I thought the DVD with the DVD Hologram copyright LOGO was the best BUT that's what I'm running right now..
          Last edited by DCrusher; 08-20-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Verbatim brand is supposed to be the best.

Comment

Okay here's the latest Update cranked up the LapTop and burned the same TV Series and put it into DVD player and it played with the same DVD Media. SO WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!
              What's the difference between the 2 computers one a Desktop and this here LapTop Dual Drive Desktop to Single Drive LapTop. The only other thing is an Update was today I don't know if something changed or not haven't look at what's new. Here's the Log's to go with WHAT'S DIFFERENT!!
              Attached Files

Comment

do other burned discs still play ok in your DVD player ??
                another possibility is that the laser in your DVD player maybe is starting to get weak
                and is having a hard time reading the burned media.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                  do other burned discs still play ok in your DVD player ??
                  another possibility is that the laser in your DVD player maybe is starting to get weak
                  and is having a hard time reading the burned media.
                  Yes burned Blu-Ray are playing perfect and unburned DVD play perfect

this is something you just brought up I’m going to try one DVD burn another words use the same Burner for both read and write to see if one is getting weak because I’ve always done a 2 DVD burn one read one write. See if that’s it

the very last thing is uninstalling the software and reinstall and see if that resets everything to the beginning.

Thanx for ALL THE INPUT I’m trying to figure out what hiccuped and to fix it so it doesn’t happen again. Thanx.

Comment

Working...
                  X