Can't burn faster 0.5x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't burn faster 0.5x

Using DVDCopy 10.2.1.3 but this has been going on for many months now. No matter what burn settings I select, the speed is always 0.5x. It reads from the disk fast, but the burn is slow 0.5x. Logs attached. Screen shot attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfab.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	360035

Attached Files

If the original read speed is good, it may be that it would speed it up if you wrote the temp file to a different hard drive. It should not be so slow, but if the source and target drive are the same, you are reading and writing the drive at the same time. You could also try writing the DVDFab output to a folder and making the ISO with ImgBurn in Build mode to either a disc or to an ISO file to see if the speed improves.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

A little more information. The iso write is to a remote SMB drive on a NAS server.
      1) If I just copy a large video file to the remote drive from Windows I get over 9 MBPS transfer rate, so the remote drive and network seem to be fine.
      2) If I run dvdcopy to the local C drive it writes fast at 14x speed.

Summary:
      For some reason dvdcopy cannot write fast to the remote mounted drive (0.5x) , but is ok with writing to the local C drive (14x). Manual copies to the remote drive are fast at >8MBPS so it doesn't seem to be any sort of network issue.

I have run out of ideas to fix this.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we will check it ASAP.

For now, please copy to local disk and then copy to the NAS.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Please try the new version DVDFab 11.0.0.1 and tell me the result, thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X