Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Layer or Single?

Hi Everybody;

A simple question to y'all. I always make a main movie copy from original DVD to my hard drive, then burn it onto blank dvd. Most new movies are over 5 plus GB. I prefer to use single + disk (Obviously, they are much cheaper). Dvdfab shrinks the data and fits it on disk.

So, the question is this: When is it a good choice to use DL disk? Close to 6 GB? or above? I realize the more shrinkage, the poorer the picture quality.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Generally, when I used to burn discs I would put anything that required more compression than 85% (i.e. a smaller number than 85) on a DL disc. Like you, I always used Main Movie. The compression in DVDFab impacts mainly fast motion or horizontal pans, so depending on the original Source content you may be able to get away with more compression. Another possibility to avoid a DL is to use the chapter range controls in DVDFab to chop off the last chapter, which is often the closing credits, which seem to be getting longer and longer.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

never thought about cutting credentials at the end. I mean, who really watches that unless you are curious about certain songs played during the movie? Thanks signals.

Comment

Working...
      X