PAL DVD copy won't play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL DVD copy won't play.

A DVDFAb 10 copy of a PAL Format DVD plays fine on my PC, but will not play in new Samsung player. I'm not sure if Fab's removal of the Region code worked, or the new player does not convert PAL to NTSC. Will DVDFAB reformat a PAL to NTSC format in the process of removing the region code?

dvdfab does not convert PAL to NTSC
    you might check your dvd player to see if it can be made region free.
    Last edited by october262; 11-09-2018, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Is there software available through DVDFAB10 that will allow the conversion? I noticed a checkbox under the "Conversion" tab in DVDFab that allows a custom Frame rate...Pal = 25/sec NTCS = 24/sec...However, I was not sure how that is used. Could someone please give me an understanding of how to use that option and whether that could change the output Frame rate to the required 24/sec?

Comment

Sorry, no version of DVDFab makes this conversion. It is more than just the frame rate, the frame size and color encoding are also different. The setting that you are referring to is for the Ripper module. PCs are more forgiving than standalone players. DVDFab does make the output region-free (more accurately, all-region). You can purchase players that will make the conversion for your TV.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I did find a way to make players region free; however, the firmware for my Samsung BD 6500 will not accept the codes. Someone in a different forum suggested I try software by "Leawo". I guess I'll have to purchase a new region free player. I been a DVDfab fan too long to get involved with other software.

Comment

Working...
          X