This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't read movie "Vantage Point"

I have copied several movies up to this point. However DVDFab won't read the movie Vantage Point. I have cleaned it well and there doesn't appear to be any defects to the disc. The movie will play with Power DVD, although I have not played the entire movie. Is this a problem with copy protection or this disc?

Make sure that PathPlayer is in the "Always Enabled" mode. Please read the Help Us Help You document and give us some more information, such as what copy mode you are using and at what point it fails, any error codes, etc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i backed this movie up when it first came out with no problems, using of course an earlier dvdfab version (whatever was latest in july 2008) ...

Comment

I have had this issue for some time. The disk plays in DVD player of PowerDVD. DVDFab gets read errors and will not finish checking the disk. I have tried with Pathplayer on and off.

2009-11-11 18:09:50 ---- ******************** Log session stop 11-Nov 18:09:50.186 PID 5920********************
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info Current Drive selected : 0:1:0 - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50F TT04 [D] (Ide)
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info System default language : English (United States)
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info User default language : English (United States)
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info DLL Version : 4.0.5.464
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\vso_hwe.dll
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info Version : 6, 1, 2, 5
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 Info OS : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)
        2009-11-11 18:09:03 ---- ******************** Log session start 11-Nov 18:09:03.230 PID 5920********************

DVDFab 6.1.2.5 (2009/11/11 18:10:56)

0m 28.78s: detected dvd
        0m 28.93s: drive D
        0m 28.93s: video dvd 1
        0m 28.93s: volume label VANTAGE_POINT
        0m 29.68s: got copyright 1 f2
        0m 30.49s: got udf/iso
        0m 34.32s: got discinfo
        18m 45.79s: detected dvd
        18m 45.85s: drive D
        18m 45.85s: video dvd 1
        18m 45.85s: volume label VANTAGE_POINT
        18m 47.10s: got copyright 1 f2
        18m 48.30s: got udf/iso
        18m 52.14s: got discinfo

Comment

if you keep getting read errors then it a bad disc and needs to be exchanged. just because it plays does not mean it not a bad disc. Playing a DVD and copying it are 2 different things. Try giving the disc a wipe to make sure no finger prints are on it or lint

Also update to the latest release version 6.2.0.5

Comment

I have DVDFAB 6.2.1.8 and it will not read the disk at all. When you try to get Dvdfab to open Vantage Point movie up, the movie wants to start playing. I exit the movie and dvdfab still trys to open the movie but never does. Anybody have a solution to this issue?

Comment

You mean it starts to play the movie, or is it analyzing the movie? Is your version 6218 a paid or free version?
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                You mean it starts to play the movie, or is it analyzing the movie? Is your version 6218 a paid or free version?

It starts to PLAY the movie. I have the paid version. I tried all the tips you guys had posted on the link below and it still did not work.

Comment

Is this a paid version of DVD Fab or free?
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

he said PAID in the previous post.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by OutkastGamer View Post
                      I have DVDFAB 6.2.1.8 and it will not read the disk at all. When you try to get Dvdfab to open Vantage Point movie up, the movie wants to start playing. I exit the movie and dvdfab still trys to open the movie but never does. Anybody have a solution to this issue?

Firstly, what version of Windows are you running?

Secondly, you say after you've shut down the DVD player and try to open the disk with Fab, "trys to open the movie but never does."

Never is a long, long time. How long are you actually waiting before you decide Fab's not going to open the DVD?

...to be continued

DC

Comment

Sorry GregiBoy missed that, Open DVD Fab, green check top right general, make sure auto play handler is not checked restart DVD Fab and try again. Also do you have any applications that run automatically by default eg. windows media player if so go into control panel and disable them. Have you also tried turning path player off or if off turn on but Never set Pathplayer "As necessary"
                        Last edited by CBR929; 01-16-2010, 02:16 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I just give up on this movie. Not worth the headache.

1. I have Windows XP
                          2. I have tried all of what you guys posted but nothing worked.
                          3. I waited 5 minutes and it never loaded

This was the first time I experienced something like this with one of the movies. Again thanks for everyone trying to help.

Comment

Does a program still try to play the movie when you insert it into the DVD drive if that is true then when you close that program make sure you close DVDFab as well. Then restart DVDFab and see if it will open the DVD

Comment

Won't read "Vantage Point"

I'm having the same problem as the orginial poster and have tried all the suggestions listed in this thread. Has anyone been able to burn the movie?

Comment

Working...
                              X