Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closed Captioning on Disc 2 (using Split) after burn??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed Captioning on Disc 2 (using Split) after burn??

Hello, when I back up my dvd using the "split" function I burn 2 single sided dvds, disc 1&2 (don't have dual layer right now)

It burns correctly as far as the movie, however, disc 2 always has the words on the bottom of the screen for closed captioning. Only disc 2, not disc 1 and It's not my tv settings, I checked those so it must be the way its being burned. Can anyone help me with these settings to change them back to NO words on screen? thanks!

Need more information to be able to help you. Has this happened on more than one split? If only on one disc, what is the title and region of the movie? Do you keep the menus on both discs/neither disc/only one? Please post in the correct forum, I am moving your thread to the DVD to DVD forum, since it concerns a function in that part of DVDFab.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No, it's happening on ALL of my "disc #2's) when I use the split method. Any ideas how to fix this?? thank you.

Comment

Please answer all the questions (menus, etc.). I have not seen this reported elsewhere in the forum, so will have to try to duplicate the problem.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVDFab is probably just defaulting the subtitle track on the second disc in error. Try turning them off with your DVD player remote. Also, what version of DVDFab are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
            DVDFab is probably just defaulting the subtitle track on the second disc in error. Try turning them off with your DVD player remote. Also, what version of DVDFab are you using?
            I realize this, but there is no way to attempt to duplicate the problem until renzandjo answers the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I realize this, but there is no way to attempt to duplicate the problem until renzandjo answers the questions.
              I figured you did. I was just trying to give him a workaround. He may not realize how easy it is to turn off.

Comment

Yes, it has been happening for some time now. It happens everytime I do a "split" and I check the box "jump to split when 2nd disc inserted" AND I don't "preserve menus on disc 2". I tried turing off from the TV and closed captioning is in fact set to off so it's not that. The Fab version is 6.
                you asked about the title and region of the movie....Where is that displayed? This didn't always happen just maybe the last month or so and I don't think I changed any settings at all. Thanks again.

Josie
                Last edited by renzandjo; 02-26-2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by renzandjo View Post
                  I tried turing off from the TV and closed captioning is in fact set to off so it's not that.
                  Use the DVD player remote, not the TV.

The Fab version is 6.
                  We need to full version (ex. 6.0.2.0).

you asked about the title and region of the movie....Where is that displayed?
                  Title = movie name
                  Region = Explained Here

Comment

Thank you! It was something simple. I needed to use the remote for the DVD player and the XBOX remote NOT the TV remote. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                    X