This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vob duration too long

Why is one of my Vob files 26 hours on Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory?

Don't know but if you posted the log files maybe someone else would be able to tell you why

Comment

I recorded the 1971 version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory using the DVDFab that has work wonderfully in the past. For some unknown reason one of the VOB file recorded to the hard drive as a 26:29:00 hour long file when it is only 29 minutes approx. I can play the digital files on my hard drive but cannot burn to a DVD because the properties identify the file as too long for the DVD. The file is only 1,073,739,776 bytes which is impossible if the video file was 26 hours. I did it twice with the same results. I am using a new Dell XPS desktop computer with Windows 7 Professional. I have not tried my old dell with Windows XP to see if it has something to do with the Windows 7? The DVD will record files so it is not the DVD. The DVDFab recorded to the hard drive without any error and quickly. Any ideas on how to correct the 26 hour error issue?

Comment

Please post the log files that relate to this movie as requested. We cannot help you without information. The files can be attached to a post using the manage attachments button. See the Help Us Help You document for more information.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I reencoded the DVDFAB files using Windows DVD maker which did change the 26 hour file to the correct time but it also would not burn. I attached the error log
          Attached Files

Comment

I used DVDFab for another movie and DVDfab indicated that the files were decrypted to my hard drive without any problem. I played the video files and they work perfectly on the computer. I could not burns the files using Nero 9 to a DVD and i attached the error log. This is a real mystery ?
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, as you are using Nero for the burning process and all the file allocations look fine in the log, I suggest that you will either have to contact Nero for help or find a Nero forum.

This is a DVD Fab forum !!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

burning does not work

Sorry i forgot to say i also have tried to burn using DVD fab and it also fails. The log is attached
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rburns2; 02-27-2010, 11:35 PM. Reason: attachment

Comment

rburns2 log files indicate that you are burning to fast try burning a 1/2 the rated speed of your disc. Also your drive needs a firmware update you will find that here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...N_103.zip.html
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i downloaded the firmware and extracted the files, not sure were to put the update and i reduced the DVD burn speed to 8. still failed
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rburns2 View Post
                      i downloaded the firmware and extracted the files, not sure were to put the update and i reduced the DVD burn speed to 8. still failed

Sir... If your media brand hasn't changed from the first log you posted, I would suggest it's time you did change it... CMC media is borderline at best... at worst...well, you're seeing it that way now.

Would recommend that you get Taiyo Yudens for SL discs, and Verbatim (Singapore made) for DL discs.

TYs may have to be purchased on the web (depending on where you live), and Verbatims should be available at your local 'brick & mortar' computer supplier.

DC

Comment

Download and install ImgBurn and then use it to post your Filter Driver load order. To do that go to tools and select Filter Driver Load Order and the copy the results to clipboard and then paste them to your next post reply.

Comment

Working...
                        X