Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lions Gate new encryption : (ladybird) silently fails....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions Gate new encryption : (ladybird) silently fails....

When copying normal ladybird dvd, says copy successful but looking at the folder size, it's (459M), and of course playing it fails. Looks like some people on mac dvdfab were able to copy BD, but this is normal disc, not BluRay. Must be new lionsgate encryption. Is there a fix for it?

version: Windows 10, when updating dvdFab it says I am at latest, so latest version (forget number).

Please attach the DVDFab internal log session from your attempt to copy this disc, thanks. Sorry you had trouble with it. Information on supplying logs can be found here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I think you are picking wrong title.... anyways, heres the log:

Attached Files

Comment

Tukmuk, You are using an unsupported version of DVDFab, it knows it picked the wrong title
        Originally posted by log
        0m 26.94s: pathplayer wrong main title
        but it can't reach the online server to find the additional information that would be available with v11. You can try disabling PathPlayer in Common Settings, but I recommend that you update. If you do disable PathPlayer, write the output to a folder and play it back to check it before burning to disc and be sure to turn it back on.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Why does not it not fail the copy then? Very misleading as one things copy was successful. It should just fail.
          It would be VERY HELPFUL if at the end of copy/rip, it would say how many GB or MB were copied. Right now it just says MB/s.

For version, like I said above:

>>> version: Windows 10, when updating dvdFab it says I am at latest, so latest version (forget number).

when I click update, it says I am at latest. Anyways, I'll just reinstall and try. Thanks.

Comment

I am not sure if ver. 9.3.2.1 updates to 11.x online, but as signals stated, you are using an older, unsupported version. Since it is not prompting you for an update, you can manually install it by going to the Download page and using the off-line installer. Since, according to your logs, it appears you have 64 bit Windows 10 installed, I would recommend the 64 bit version. Here is the link if you need it: https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm

When you get to that page, scroll down a bit to the off-line installer, and run the installer after download is complete. You can still retain the older version since the new version will go in a different folder. Good luck.

Comment

Nope, progress, but not total luck..

DVD Copy, dvd9: copies about 4.7G or so, and the folder can play until main DVD title after all previews. When hitting play on the main menu, it goes blank and back to main menu using jriver and another player. However, i donwloaded dvdfab player, and it seems to play it ok. I am able to play all others in jriver player just fine.

DVD Rip: since there are 3 trials, tried ripping. MP4 plays, seems it got the main movie correctly, but the audio track is incorrect. IT seems like it picked up the commentory one, instead of the real one.

Are the days of dvd copy gone? I like to have all my collection on HDDs.

Attached logs.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tukmuk; 10-09-2019, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Never mind, the folder copy with dvd9 seems all good, playing in all players. So, the only issue it copied the wrong audio track when ripping to mp4. Thanks.

Comment

Why not just update to DVD fab 11 like everyone recommended? Why use an unsupported version? I can see MAYBE using dvd fab 10, but dvd fab 9!!??

Comment

It's latest dvdfab 11. I meant copying full dvd9 instead of dvd5. So, dvd9 folder copy with video_ts seems to work. Ripping to MP4 gets the wrong audio track (commentory track). All on latest 11 version.

Comment

Originally posted by tukmuk View Post
                      It's latest dvdfab 11. I meant copying full dvd9 instead of dvd5. So, dvd9 folder copy with video_ts seems to work. Ripping to MP4 gets the wrong audio track (commentory track). All on latest 11 version.
                      Please open the original movie disc in Windows File Explorer, copy all the files/folder except the .VOB files, zip and send it to us, thank you.

Please also supply a purchase link for getting the movie disc.

Comment

Working...
                      X