How to convert interlaced to non-interlaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convert interlaced to non-interlaced

My (concert) DVDs and BDs are located as 1:1 copy at my NAS. All of them work fine with different players (i.e. VLC) and Kodi 18.4 on my PC (Windows 10 64-bit Vers. 19.03) with full menu control.

With Fire TV-stick 4k and Kodi 18.4 I want to display all of them at the TV with full menu control. With most of the old DVDs it does not work. The reason is why these are produced in interlaced mode and the Fire TV-stick is not possible to handle this.

Is there any way with DVDFab to convert these DVDs from interlaced to non-interlaced and get as result a non-interlaced DVD with full menu control?
    Attached Files
    Gruß
    jomeih

DVDFab DVD Copy mode does not fully decode or re-encode the video, so there is no way to accomplish this (or make PAL->NTSC conversions) unfortunately. DVD Ripper will allow you to deinterlace the video but of course would have no menus, so no joy there either.

The DVDFab Movie Server might solve this problem for you I think or possibly try VSO's ConvertXtoDVD, I think it did full decode/encode on DVDs allowing deinterlacing, changing frame rate, PAL<->NTSC etc.

UPDATE: The "7" version of ConvertX still has these features. Not sure what it does with menus.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X