This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to DVD: Problems with Main Movie settings

I can't seem to make the Main Movie settings use a foreign film's native language for the audio and English subtitle for the subpicture.

I've got the preview to play the native language and show English subtitles, but when I burn it I get either the director's commentary, no subtitle, or dubbed into English.

I can't find an intuitive way to get this simple setting correct.

Help, I am rapidly loosing blank DVDs!

Please don't use such large font sizes.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

After analyzing and before clicking the start button on the right of the screen put a check in the box of audio you want to keep and un-check the ones you do not want.

Do the same with the subtitles.

After that it is a simple matter of using the remote to choose the audio and subtitle you want to play.

Comment

Thank you Signal. That was killing the only eye I have left.

Comment

You're welcome.

Madowl, you should use the default arrow in Main Movie mode to force the backup disc to automatically play the audio and subpicture stream that you want. I have lots of non-English films that I always set up this way, original native language with English subtitles. If you use Customize/Remove Menus mode you can leave all the audio and subpicture streams in place and just use the default arrow (which is explained in the Tutorial on dvdfab.com) to play it your way and still have the option to play the dubbed or commentary audio with appropriate subtitles.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I thought there was something wrong with that font size and tried to make it smaller, so sorry about that!

It turns out I was doing everything correctly, but the durned Preview was showing something different. This made me think I was wrong before I started.

I had used the same protocols you both did, but when I played it no my DVD, no subtitles.................because I didn't hit the subtitles on the remote, argh!

So all is well now, except does anyone want 5 copies of "Lives of Others"?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X