This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not finalizing

when using dl dvd+ 8.5tgb using full disc copy when finishing the backup it says 100%processed now finalizing disc it just keeps running never stops the process of finalizing disc have to cancel process to eject disc. disc does not work since it never finalized. works fine using older version of dvdfab. version 10 any suggestions?

you might try using imgburn to burn your disc.

Comment

i do use imgburn on bd disc. can u use imgburn for dual layer dvd? i thought i tried years ago and it didnt work correctly. is their any thing special u have to do to set it up for dual layer dvd or do u just place it in drive like normal?

Comment

Originally posted by 0brian View Post
        i do use imgburn on bd disc. can u use imgburn for dual layer dvd? i thought i tried years ago and it didnt work correctly. is their any thing special u have to do to set it up for dual layer dvd or do u just place it in drive like normal?
        imgburn works for dvds, also dvdfab has the option to remove the layer break (common settings - DVD - dvd protection - check "remove layer break" )
        and imgburn automatically sets the layer break or user specified.

Comment

thank u. will try imgburn. will post back then after i try

Comment

just tried imgburn. was succesful in backup and it did finalize disc. must be a proble with dvdfab burn engine not finalizing dual layer dvds. thank u october262! hope 2 help others as well in future. thanks again for reply!

Comment

Note: in the future Attach logs instead of putting them in the message area of a post.

Also, ImgBurn works best if you if you disregard the advice in post #4 and leave the original layer break in place.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

will do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Note: in the future Attach logs instead of putting them in the message area of a post.

Also, ImgBurn works best if you if you disregard the advice in post #4 and leave the original layer break in place.
                  Since original dual layer DVDs that are less than 8.5 GB (but larger than 4.7 GB) will often use all of layer 0, then write the rest of the data to layer 1, leaving the layer break as the original will result in the data in layer 0 being written very close to the edge of the disc with Imgburn. Since this is the most vulnerable area of the disc to damage, I have always manually adjusted the layer break to evenly split the written data between the two layers. This will result in the data not being written as close to the edge of the disc. I have used this method since as long as I can remember and have never had any problems with any disc when playing back with any standalone player. Just my own personal experience.

Comment

thank u for ur reply. i too think evenly split is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by 0brian View Post
                      when using dl dvd+ 8.5tgb using full disc copy when finishing the backup it says 100%processed now finalizing disc it just keeps running never stops the process of finalizing disc have to cancel process to eject disc. disc does not work since it never finalized. works fine using older version of dvdfab. version 10 any suggestions?
                      Please kindly update to v11.1.0.6 to try again and feedback, it should be resolved.

Comment

since update i have tried 2 new backups using dvdfab burn engine with dual layer disc both have finalized with no issues. so i can say update has resolved issue. thank u mona & fab team

Comment

Working...
                        X