DVD Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Problems

I bought a set of DVD's for a TV Show. When I first got it I watched the entire thing on my DVD Player attached to my TV with no issues. Every disc worked perfectly and I was able to watch everything.

However, when I put it into my computer to rip it to my Plex Server with DVDFab it acts weird. Takes a while to scan, when I select the episodes it takes several minutes instead of seconds, when I go to rip it, it'll tell me to insert a disc into the drive that it is in. I was able to rip out the first episode (of four), but the others give me an error during the process. The times where it tells me to insert the DVD into the drive, when I look at File Explorer, that drive appears to not have a disc in it. I click on it and it shows no files or anything. If I eject and close it again, it'll show up and I'll see the files.

Any idea why it works in a DVD Player and not in my computer? Any ideas on how to get it to be seen OK in my computer like it does in the DVD Player? The set was brand new, not used and the disc has no scratches on it at all. Looks perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

This forum (Chat) is not for reporting problems. This time I will move it for you to the DVD Copy forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      This forum (Chat) is not for reporting problems. This time I will move it for you to the DVD Copy forum.
      Thanks and sorry. I figured it wasn't a problem with your software, so I put it in a general area.

I was able to figure out a way to copy the DVD with it ignoring the errors, then I was able to rip out the episodes I needed with DVDFab. So far, the second episode only has a small glitch where I guess one of the read errors was. I'm going through the third episode and I'm more than halfway through with no issues. As long as I have the complete season, I'm happy. I don't care about a small glitch in the video.

Any interested I'll share my findings...

Thanks!

Comment

UPDATE (for any interested): I was able to get the 3 episodes ripped to Plex, only the first one had a small one second glitch in the video, the other two came out perfectly. This is the first TV Show I've had a problem with, the other I, fortunately, was able to get a copy of from my local library and get a copy of the episodes that wouldn't rip to MP4. Again, I can share my solution if anyone is curious. Take care all!

Comment

Working...
        X