This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v 7.0.2.1 Source DVD Drive Doesn't Work

v 7.0.2.1 is still unable to read the disc in the source drive. It starts out normally as if it is going to read the disc, but after a few seconds, the drive stops reading and DVDFab returns to a state of waiting for a disc to be inserted in the source drive.

7021 - Source Drive won't work!

I just installed Beta 7021. I click on Start DVDFab. It askes for the DVD region code. I click on it. It says that it's opening DVD Source, but then that's it. There is no DVD source in the Source area. It tells me to select a source. but it won't let me select the source. It won't let me do any other menu options. I have Windows Vista Professional SP2 and a LiteOn iHES106 and Plextor PX-716SA Drives. Thanks for your help and time.

Comment

Merged threads, identical subject.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I had been using 6.2.2.0 without problems. I installed the initial beta of version 7 side by side with 6.2.2.0. I didn't try either version until after I had to reinstall Windows XP, SP3 because my hard drive failed. After reinstalling 6.2.2.0 and the latest beta of version 7 (I don't recall the number), neither 6.2.2.0 nor any version since of 7 will read disks in my Plextor 760A. DMA settings for the 760 are reset and it otherwise works fine.

The only thing different about my system is that I installed C++ Redistributable 2008, because it was a recommended update for an audio plugin I own.

I have reverted to 6.2.1.8 and DVDFab now works, just like it used to.

John

Comment

just backup ammored with v7.0.2.1 movie only and all is good here.

XP PRO
          4GB ram
          core 2 duo
          GT 220 1GB cuda
          Windows 7 64bit ultimate
          CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
          RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
          GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
          SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
          HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
          PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Dear all,

Could you please post dvdfab_internal.log file in Log folder? Thank you.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

As requested, contents of internal log:

DVDFab 7.0.2.5 (2010/03/21 13:02:53)

0m 01.95s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 0
              0m 07.79s: detected dvd
              0m 07.85s: drive F
              0m 07.85s: video dvd 1
              0m 07.87s: volume label PRINCESS_AND_THE_FROG
              0m 09.29s: got copyright 1 f6
              0m 10.09s: got udf/iso
              0m 15.50s: got discinfo

I've tried different drives and different discs as well with the same result.

Comment

Hi Senor Bag,

Please try DVDFab 7026 to see the result, I think the problem was fixed.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
                Fengtao
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

New version now working for me... WOOT !!!

@ kristian

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Please start a thread of your own with a lot more detail.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Works for me to thanks Fengtao.

Comment

DVDFab 7.0.2.6 opens source discs for me now and otherwise works perfectly. Thank you for solving the problem!

Comment

Working...
                      X