This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

css-free

I'm in the US, I just read an article today that leads me to believe I can only legally use the CSS-free version of DVD-FAB, so I guess I have a couple questions. Is Passkey CSS-free? And, shouldn't you guys ask at registration the country of the purchaser (I think you do) and if it is United States, then let them know that it is a violation of US DMCA code to remove CSS from any DVD to back it up, and not let them download the CSS removing version? This was disappointing for me to read, I realized today that backing up most of my dvds is illegal, I think its time to throw them away. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your wonderful product, but I think you have to be a little clearer on its intended use and legal limits, and you have to put restrictions for United States customers so they can't download the CSS-removing version from your site, and make it clear that you don't condone them using it.

have no idea what you're talking about

Man, I know you're not saying what it sounds like you're saying?

Comment

Not sure what clarification you want or need, every DVD/Bluray released by the major studios is copy protected for a reason and ignorance of the law is no excuse. Follow your local laws. Read this Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums.

Comment

IANAL, but this is not a settled part of US law. You as the owner of a copyrighted work have a "Fair Use" right to make a copy for various reasons (format shifting, backup, etc). The DMCA prevents people from creating circumvention programs but it is unclear whether using such a program that you did not create is also a violation when attempting Fair Use. So far the legal fight has been too expensive for anyone to decisively find out.

Comment

There are no download restrictions. The versions linked in this forum are the CSS versions. The non-CSS version is linked in the email you get when you make the purchase for legal reasons only.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X