This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound

The origional Crossroads (eric claption) dvd plays very well on my pc, but the backup copy I made has no sound for the songs but there is music in the background when looking at the dvds menu only. Can some one point me in the right direction to fix this?

which dvd to dvd mode are you using?

please try customize mode being sure to select the appropriate audio tracks.

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
    Might try selecting different audio track within the menu.
    Last edited by troy512; 10-05-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

How are you playing these back, computer or stand alone DVD player? Might try selecting different audio track within the menu.if you already have, did you use the full disc option within fab?

edit: sorry Troy512, to fast...

Comment

Originally posted by sbristol View Post
        The origional Crossroads (eric claption) dvd plays very well on my pc, but the backup copy I made has no sound for the songs but there is music in the background when looking at the dvds menu only. Can some one point me in the right direction to fix this?
        It is not uncommon, especially for music and concert DVDs. In most cases, as Troy and W&B pointed out, the problem is that the original DVD contains an audio encoding method that your player doesn't support (e.g. DTS)or you failed to include the one that it does support when making the backup.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I too am having problems getting the sound to work. I am unable to check the sound box in the full disc option mode and I have also tried to use the clone disc mode and still to effect.

Comment

Full Disc mode copies all the audio streams present on a DVD (unless you tell it to remove DTS). Clone mode the same. Does this happen with all DVDs or just a particular one? Are you playing the backup discs on your PC (with what software player?) or a standalone player connected to your TV?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If on your PC, please download VLC player and test.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No sound

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Full Disc mode copies all the audio streams present on a DVD (unless you tell it to remove DTS). Clone mode the same. Does this happen with all DVDs or just a particular one? Are you playing the backup discs on your PC (with what software player?) or a standalone player connected to your TV?
                I'm having a similar problem. When playing back the copy on my PC, sound and vision are okay. When playing back on a standalone DVD player that is connected to a standard TV - video okay, but no sound whatsoever. I've read the rest of the forum and done a few things that were suggested, but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Comment

Does this happen on all bkup discs?
                  Occasionally, you have to toggle through options in the "audio" menu on your standalone player.
                  Give this a shot.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I had this problem a while back when selecting Main Movie. As it turned out, I was recording only the DTS 5.1 audio track. Once I selected the other, the sound came through. Chalked that one up to "Der... you don't HAVE 5.1!"

Comment

Originally posted by RJordan View Post
                      I had this problem a while back when selecting Main Movie. As it turned out, I was recording only the DTS 5.1 audio track. Once I selected the other, the sound came through. Chalked that one up to "Der... you don't HAVE 5.1!"
                      That would be, "you don't HAVE DTS!". The specification for DVD requires that all DVD players be able to down-sample from AC3 5.1 audio but does not require DTS playback.

Comment

Originally posted by sbristol View Post
                        The origional Crossroads (eric claption) ...
                        Does "origional" mean that he was trying to play the store bought original DVD? Maybe he never came back because he figured out that he had the rear channels plugged into the speakers which didn't have the singing part.

Comment

Working...
                        X