Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab freezes when ready to burn, help needed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab freezes when ready to burn, help needed.

Maybe anyone who can help? On every copy I try to make DVDFab freezes the moment it asks to enter a blank disk. It doesn't get beyond the point where it says:"media detected" We are not talking Bluray here, simply ordinary DVDs. The only way to get out of there is to hard reset my computer. But if, after the restart of my computer, I try to burn the image it works fine. What could be going on?

Furio
    I think your problem will get better attention in the DVD to DVD forum. I will move it there. Please read the Help Us Help You document and post some of the requested information.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

And this doesn't help either...

Update: I just removed InCD, thinking that that might be the cause of the problem. But no, things are just the way the where... The moment you enter the media (Brand doesn't matter. Tried several) the computer hangs big time!
      I'm working with the latest Beta now to see if that would change matters but that isn't the solution either.. Anyone?

Comment

As stated in post 2........... Please read the Help Us Help You document and post some of the requested information.

More information is needed from you before this can be anything but a guessing game..

Comment

And where would I find such a document? I've been searching the forum, but haven't come across it so far....

Comment

In my signature below.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As you requested

Well here we go.

PC:

Medion MD8828 Memory extended to 4Gb

Extra Burner software:

Nero 9

DVDfab_internal.log:

DVDFab 6.1.0.5 (2009/10/08 20:39:13)

0m 33.13s: detected dvd
              0m 33.18s: drive I
              0m 33.18s: video dvd 1
              0m 33.18s: volume label MADAGASCAR_2
              0m 50.82s: got copyright 1 fd
              0m 51.19s: got udf/iso
              0m 53.38s: got discinfo
              1m 23.17s: got dvdinfo

DVDfab_process.log:

Not present

dvdfab_burn_vso.log:

Not present

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log:

Not present

Image was ready. It ask for blank media. Vista asks me what to do. (I close window with an X) But DVDfab already hangs....

Furio

Comment

with dvdfab and nero closed, insert your blank dvd. when the autoplay prompt comes up select take no action and always do this action.

Comment

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
                  with dvdfab and nero closed, insert your blank dvd. when the autoplay prompt comes up select take no action and always do this action.
                  Troy512 thanks for your response. You're suggestions was one of the first options I have tried. But unfortunatly no luck...

Comment

If you have the full Nero suite installed, some components can cause a conflict with DVDFab. Use ImgBurn or devfilter.exe (both free) and check the device filters for your optical drives. InCD in particular has been known to cause problems by capturing the drive and not allowing the needed access to DVDFab.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X