This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using DVD-RW's

can I back-up a movie on a dvd-rw using DVDFAB version 6? I can't find any info on it at all. What would the correct settings be?

Originally posted by rayfornario View Post
    can I back-up a movie on a dvd-rw using DVDFAB version 6? I can't find any info on it at all. What would the correct settings be?
    Yes you can. Use the same setting you would use for a standard SL disc of the same burn rating.

I would suggest you use DVDFAB to rip the movie to your hard drive first and then burn from the drive to your disc with Imgburn.

Comment

using a dvd-rw or ram disk?

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Yes you can. Use the same setting you would use for a standard SL disc of the same burn rating.

I would suggest you use DVDFAB to rip the movie to your hard drive first and then burn from the drive to your disc with Imgburn.
      Would I have to go into the settings to change the booktype at all?, Or should i just treat as a dvd-sl.
      Could I also use a dvd-ram disk?

Comment

I am moving your thread to the DVD to DVD forum. You can use RWs, but their playability in some standalones is not as good as a DVD-ROM booktyped +R. There are no particular control settings required as far as I can recall-- the burning engine will recognize the type of blank you insert and make the appropriate adjustments internally. I think there is a box in Common Settings to erase re-writable media before burning, which is recommended.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Maybe a typo???
          You cannot bitset -R/-RW media.
          Yes, you can bitset +RW (and obviously +R). You can also bitset +RW subsequent to burning the files as opposed to +R media

As signals stated, RW playability in standalones is not as consistent as +R/-R media
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Could I also use a dvd-ram disk?
            Depends on the player...probably not

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I don't think Fab/VSO will burn DVD-RAM. I have never tried. Almost all players will choke on them.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Depends on the player...probably not
                My dvd player, panny BD-60 actually plays ram disks fine that were recorded on my Panny dvd recorder ez-28. So the question would be, can I use a dvd-ram disk with dvdfab and be able to watch it on my panny bd-60?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  I am moving your thread to the DVD to DVD forum. You can use RWs, but their playability in some standalones is not as good as a DVD-ROM booktyped +R. There are no particular control settings required as far as I can recall-- the burning engine will recognize the type of blank you insert and make the appropriate adjustments internally. I think there is a box in Common Settings to erase re-writable media before burning, which is recommended.
                  Thanks! That answers the question on RW's but what about Panasonic Ram disks. I use them in My DVD recorder to record shows on tv to watch later...they work fine. I was wondering if i could use ram disks with DVDfab so I could backup the Sopranos to watch and then erase?

Comment

Thanks! That answers the question on RW's but what about Panasonic Ram disks. I use them in My DVD recorder to record shows on tv to watch later...they work fine. I was wondering if i could use ram disks with DVDfab so I could backup the Sopranos to watch and then erase?
                    As long as all your hardware supports DVD-RAM and Fab can "see" the Target, I don't know why not...
                    Why not try and see and let us know?

Comment

Working...
                    X