This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 7.x doesn't work...

I've tried installing DVD Fab 6.x and that didn't work (over a year ago), and now I tried installing DVD Fab 7 (the latest version) hoping that things have changed, but it doesn't seem to work either.

Any chance I can get some help from one of the developers to try and get this thing working?

I've never had much luck with technical support from DVDFab community, and just about all the answers/responses have been fairly useless like "that's too complex" or "too new" of a computer, but the computer is over a year old now, and support still hasn't been added.

Any ideas as to when DVDFab will actually work, and any ideas as to how I can get in contact with a developer to try and submit a bug report, to try and get this software to actually work?

Over the past year and a half it seems that there is a better chance of getting struck by lightning, than trying to get any help from a developer or support staff (actual support staff, not some nameless clown that is NOT a developer and has no clue what the real problem with the software is, and there doesn't seem to be any way to submit a bug report to get any of the bugs fixed on this program...) so is there any chance that this software could actually get fixed someday, and any chance that it might actually work? A year and a half is a long time, and I just tried the most recent version (as of this week) and DVDFab still isn't working.

I've tested and tried 16 different products (and written plenty of reviews), and 15 products work, and DVDFab is the only product so far that doesn't work, any ideas as to what is wrong with it?

I'd love to give DVDFab a better review, but it got 3 stars (out of 5 stars) last year, but I'll probably give it one star this year. If you can't get the product to even work, run, or startup, and the support staff can't manage to even get the product working, then I'd really have to downgrade DVDFab from the number 3 software (and a 3 star rating) down to the number 16th software (and less than 1 star rating) because if it doesn't work, it's useless.

I've read plenty of user testimonies and user comments, and it's unfortunate that people are wasting their money on such a poor and unsupported product, and often feel "ripped off", but I am at least trying to give DVDFab an "unbiased" review, and I'm really trying my hardest to give DVDFab a fair rating.

I do think their product has a great list of features (and that's why I ranked them number 3 last year, even though the product didn't even work on my machine) but I simply can't do that again this year (even after a year has passed, and another version has been released, and the newest version doesn't work either).

So history repeats itself, and this year I'm probably going to have to drop the rating down to less than one star (and drop them down to 16th place) because even the 15th place product has 2 1/2 stars (because it at least works and starts up). DVDFab doesn't even work out of the box, and I shouldn't have to post a help/support request just to get a product demo to even work.

I certainly can't recommend that anyone spends any money on the product if I can't even get it to work or start up. Is there any support staff here?

Does DVDFab even have any support staff? I still have unanswered questions from over a year ago, that were left unanswered, and I'd hate to receive the same type of response again this year, during my upcoming review of the product.

I generally do video clips, and discuss the positives and negatives of a product, but at this point the only ONE thing I see is a very big negative (the product doesn't even start up). So unless I can get a developer to give me help in getting their product running, there won't be a video for 2010, and I'll probably drop DVDFab down from number 3 to number 16th, and I can't even say that I'll even waste my time attempting to review the product next year. This is the second year in a row that I've had problems with DVDFab, but I gave them the "benefit of the doubt" last year, and gave them high marks (just based on features) and third place (out of 16) wasn't bad, but I have 22 products this year to review, and DVD Fab is the only one that doesn't start.

So unless DVDFab wants a 0 stars (F-) rating, I'm just asking for some simple help, and some support to get their product working and running. Thank-you.

Comment

MOVED FROM: Other thread

AGJ,

I believe that was the same exact advice you gave me last year (with DVDFab 6), and I believe you actually had links last year in your trailing tag, with links to various posts and pages. I believe the problem started last year, when I was running an early version of 6, and upgraded to a newer version. Something happened during the uninstall/upgrade process, and I did run the cleaner last year, and tried everything but was never able to manage to get DVDFab working again. I finally gave up. I still gave DVDFab a 3 star rating, and still ranked them third (out of 16 products) simply because I liked the features, and I did manage to get it working on an old laptop.

But this is 2010 now, and I can't be as "generous" anymore, and I've tried installing DVDFab 7, and sure enough it doesn't work and doesn't even start up.

The "CCleaner" advice is what I heard last year, and it didn't help last year, and I can't imagine it helping this year.

I'll try it one more time (just to try and give you the benefit of the doubt, or possibly even give you a ranking this year) but if I honestly can't get DVDFab working this year, I'm going to give them 22nd place (out of 22 products this year).

Here's the info from the Readme:

DVDFab 7.0.3.0 (26/03/2010)
      (Options: DVD to DVD, DVD to Mobile,
      Blu-ray to Blu-ray, Blu-ray to Mobile,
      File to Mobile, File Mover)

Don't get me wrong, I truly wish DVDFab all the best, and I truly am trying my hardest to give DVDFab a good/fair rating (and unbiased rating/opinion) and I'm doing everything I can to give DVDFab the "benefit of the doubt" and highest rating that I can possibly give, but after last year I simply can't give a product 3 stars that doesn't even start up or work.

I can't say that I'm the only one dealing with this, because I've downloaded the product yesterday, wasted over 24 hours messing with it and trying to get it to start up, and out of 22 products, it's the ONLY product that won't run on my machine.

Then I check the forums for help/support, and sure enough... the same posts I saw last year are here again this year.

Same exact posts, just different users, and same problem. "DVDFab doesnt work..."

So let's see what we can do this year, and see if we can try to get it working, but if not... DVDFab is definitely getting 22nd place this year, and 0 stars.

No way that I can honestly give them 3rd place for a product that doesn't even start up or work. I gave them three stars last year, because I managed to get it working on an old laptop, but I'm already dreading the headaches and nightmares of trying to get this silly product working.

I honestly can't recommend that ANYONE spends money on a product that doesn't start up or work out of the box. It shouldn't be this much hassle to even get the product to work.

So tell me what information you need, I'll tell you what I've tried, and let's see if we can somehow get DVDFab to even work this year.

I do think it has a VERY strong list of features, I think the price is extremely high (about 25%-35% too high) but other competitors have even more features, and even have 40% off coupons that take the product down to $19.95 (and have unlimited updates).

So there are already quite a few "strikes" against DVDFab, but if I can at least get it to run, I can probably give you another top 5 review (maybe even another third or fourth place) just based on the listed features (if I could just get the product to run or start up). So please let me know what I can do, to get this product working. I've demo'd 22 products so far, and once again this year... DVDFab is the ONLY one that doesn't work.

<Sighing>
      Last edited by Complication; 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Why would I help since I am some nameless clown to you. The first time I installed DVDFab on my computer over 4 years ago it worked out of the box with out issues. Same goes for the other 3 computers I have installed it on since works like a charm so if you not able to give precise details that is needed to help then goodluck on getting it.

You want help from actual people who work for DVDFab then go to this link and contact the Technical Support http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm . This forum is users who help users and we can only help someone who actually wants to be helped and I think after the post that you just did saying we are nameless clowns I do not think you will get help from any of the members

Comment

Here we go again this year... &quot;DVDFab not opening&quot; nothing new...

MOVED FROM: Other thread
          Originally posted by knpbug View Post
          That did not help me. Still wont run. I had no problem with the trial version?
          Ok, I ran the CCleaner as well, it did absolutely nothing... (this is the same problem I ran into last year with DVDFab 6.x).

I was using DVDFab 6 (an early version) and it worked, and I gave DVDFab 3rd place rankings (3rd out of 16 products) just based on the features it had (and the fact that I had gotten it to work), but when I upgraded to a later version (in the 6.x series) it didn't work at all, and it wouldn't even start.

I uninstalled it, ran the CCleaner, reinstalled, did everything multiple times, and nothing has ever worked.

It seems ever since somewhere around mid 6, DVD Fab just stopped working.

I was hoping it would be fixed by this year (with DVDFab 7's latest release) and I just installed the latest 7.0.3.0 (as of March 26, 2010) and sure enough, same thing... it's not working again this year.

This is DEFINITELY a problem with the software. This is NOT a machine or hardware problem, this is a SOFTWARE problem.

The old version 6 (very very early version) worked, and ever since mid 6 it stopped working. No version since then has ever worked.

I gave up hope, but this is 2010 and now I'm stuck doing another annual review, and sure enough I have to rate DVDFab again.

So please help me, help you... and please help me get this working, so I can at least give you a decent review this year. No way I can possibly give you third place again, if this product won't run or even start.

I'll definitely give you 22nd place (out of 22 products) if I can't get this product to start, and give you 0 out of 5 stars. I've never in my life given such a bad review, but at the same time I've never in my life had such a horrible experience with any product before.

So let's try to get this thing working, and I'll try to ignore all the other posts about this product not working, and I'll try to ignore all the "hate" messages and bad reviews from other sites, and I'll try my hardest to give you a fair and unbiased rating, and I'd truly like to rank your product at least third or fourth again this year (just based on features) if I could just get it to run...

Thanks for the help.
          Last edited by Complication; 03-29-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

MOVED FROM Other Thread

From another "nameless Clown"...

As I gather you are in the review business, I would think that your reviews would be pretty useless as you have provided no information, just that it "Doesn't Work" !!!!

If you wish to come on this forum with your inane ramblings and sense of self importance, at least take the time to research your subject for a minimum of 5 minutes, not the 5 seconds that you obviously have.
            Last edited by Complication; 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As I said on your other post (BTW: It is against the rules to double post on this forum, and you agreed to this when you signed up), you have given absolutely no details other than it does not work.

How about small insignificant details like operating system & version, hardware config, etc and then us "Nameless Clowns" may be able to assist you.

If though, as I suspect, that you are trying to run it in a VM environment, we will not be able to as most of us "Nameless Clowns" are not that stupid to:-

1. Attempt to run Fab in such an environment.
              2. Attempt to review ANY products in such an environment.
              3 Expect support for such an environment on a general forum such as this but would go to the forum for that environment,
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It's about poorly written software...

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                Why would I help since I am some nameless clown to you.
                I've filed a formal request for technical support (just as you've suggested) but if I recall correctly, I don't think DVDFab even has any type of customer support. If I recall correctly they do NOT offer any type of technical support at all. It's a "buy it" and "forget it" type of product with no support at all.

If you're volunteering your time, it would probably make more sense to volunteer for a FREE or OpenSource project, and not some product that charges people money, and doesn't work.

The first time I installed DVDFab on my computer over 4 years ago it worked out of the box with out issues.
                Four years ago was a long time. I've tried for a year and a half, and to be honest the FIRST time I had installed DVDFab 6.x it had actually worked the first time (and it wasn't until I had upgraded to a mid level 6.x product that suddenly it had no longer worked at all (and wouldn't even start up).

I believe you actually helped me (for about a week) about a year maybe even a year and a half ago? At least a year ago. But I believe your response was eventually that "it doesn't work on your hardware" or something to that effect, even though the previous version had worked (an earlier 6.x release).

Well a year has passed, and there is a user with the SAME exact machine, same exact hardware, running Windows 7 (64-bit) and he managed to get DVDFab working (right out of the box, first install). Then he uninstalled it, and now he can't get it re-installed or working again. (He upgraded to a newer version to the latest 7.0.3.0) and sure enough once he upgraded, he can no longer get it working again.

That's the same thing/problem that I had happen to me (over a year ago) and the first install worked, but anything after the first install has never worked.

I tried all the CCLeaner and tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and doing everything under the sun, but for some reason it won't work.

Click on the icon, and it does absolutely nothing. (Yes, I've tried running as Administrator, and I'm the only one on this machine, and my user account IS the Administrator account, but I ran & installed it as "Run as Administrator" anyways, but regardless it does nothing.

Any ideas as to what is wrong with the DVDFab software, and what could be causing this problem. It seems to be quite common, and a year later I came back to do another annual product review, and sure enough I installed DVDFab 7 (clean install) it didn't work, and I came back to the forums, and there are the same exact posts (that DVDFab doesn't work...)

The same "click on the icon and it doesn't start" problems.

I've installed DVDFab on 19 machines, it worked on 6 of them. That's not good. That was last year. That's a 66% failure rate.

So far the other 21 products that I've tested this year, have worked 100% of the time, on all 100% of the computers (19 out of 19) and no product has performed this poorly in the history of any review I've ever written.

I've never seen a product that has been so poorly tested, and so poorly supported, and a product that simply doesn't even work (but it's being sold anyways).

I've submitted a formal trouble ticket (help request) but those usually seem to fall upon deaf ears if I remember correctly, because I had read the forum posts, and user complaints, and even tried getting a support request submitted myself last year, and I don't think it went anywhere.

So I'm going to try briefly again this year, and I have another user that managed to get it working on the same exact machine as mine (same exact hardware, and we both got our machines at the office on the same exact day, and same exact LOT) so it's not a hardware issue. Plus I had a version of DVDFab 6.x (an extremely early version when 6.x was first released because I had done an earlier review on it, and had given it 3rd place out of 16 products that I had tested), but then later a few months later like maybe 6 months later, I had installed a different version (mid 6.x version) and it didn't start at all.

I posted a forum post, and asked for technical support, and it never seemed to go anywhere. There seems to be some "known problems" and lots of bugs that the developers don't seem to be too concerned about addressing or fixing.

I supposed a 33% working rate, and 66% failure rate isn't too bad. It must have something to do with the uninstallation process, or possibly the software doing something to the registry?

Could you walk me through step by step on how I could manually check/fix/correct the registry settings to see if this is a registry problem, but I really don't think it is.

I really think this is an EXE problem. I think the program just doesn't work starting with mid 6.x.

Why would the earlier versions work, but starting from mid 6.x it completely stopped working?

Yet, it works on a co-worker's machine who has the same exact machine and hardware? Makes no sense.

so if you not able to give precise details that is needed to help then goodluck on getting it.
                Ok, what "precise details" are you looking for. Here's the version information from the readme file:

DVDFab 7.0.3.0 (26/03/2010)
                (Options: DVD to DVD, DVD to Mobile,
                Blu-ray to Blu-ray, Blu-ray to Mobile,
                File to Mobile, File Mover)
                Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Fengtao Software Inc.

You want help from actual people who work for DVDFab then go to this link and contact the Technical Support http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm .
                I've tried that, and never even got a single response. I tried again tonight, but they don't seem to concerned with supporting their product, or making sure that it works.

This forum is users who help users and we can only help someone who actually wants to be helped
                If I didn't want help, I wouldn't be here.

I'm just trying to give the product a fair/unbiased review, and it's extremely hard to do when the product won't even start or function. It's the ONLY product (out of 22 products this year) that won't even start up.

I do not think you will get help from any of the members
                Based on all the forum posts I've read so far, it doesn't seem like anyone that posts the issue ever manages to get it to work, and most posts say something of the "I've been ripped off" nature, and most are from people that have paid money for the product, and often could never get it to run (or even start up). So it's unfortunate, but I am just doing a review for a magazine, and I just run a demo once a year, give the product a whirl, write out all the positives and negatives, and submit it to a magazine. I do a few video blogs, describing the positives and negatives, and post the video's as well.

This year, it's not looking good for DVDFab, but I have to give an honest (and unbiased) review, so I'm at least trying to give DVDFab the benefit of the doubt, and I'll at least try for another day or two, to get the product to run, but if I can't... then 22nd out of 22nd place seems fair.

The third place (out of 16 products) that I gave it last year, was a "gift" and I will honestly give this product the worst review ever written if DVDFab can't even figure out what is wrong with their product, and can't even support their product (or even get it working).

It's hard to say that I'm the only one having problems, when there are several threads of users having identical problems, and thousands of forum posts/complaints on third party forums about the product. So it's extremely difficult to believe that there is nothing wrong with this product, when I've been bombarded with complaints, and I've even had bad results myself with the product.

I'd probably give the product 5th place (out of 22 products) this year, not based on support, but based on features alone (if I could get it to even run) but if it doesn't run, then I'm giving it 22nd (out of 22nd) place this year. It seems foolish to even suggest that people purchase a product (no matter what features it has) if the product is this unstable.

So let me know what information you need, and I'll do my best to give you all the information you need, and let's see if we can get this silly (and poorly written) software to work.

Software should just work out of the box, and I've never had this many problems with ANY software package in my whole entire life, and out of 22 products this is the ONLY product I've ever had problems with, and last year out of 16 products this was the ONLY product I've ever had problems with.

So it really boils down to how poorly the software is written.
                Last edited by Slipaway; 03-29-2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Just to be fair, I had an old laptop that was running a mid 6.x version (from last year) and I had uninstalled it, and installed the 7.0.3.0 and it worked prior to upgrading (it is on a Windows Vista Premium Home) but not a Vista Ultimate machine.

My co-worker has the same exact machine (same exact hardware) and he's running Windows 7 Enterprise, and he did a clean install and it worked for him. We tested the software on 19 different machines, and DVDFab has failed to start on 66% of the machines.

When 66% of the 19 machines that we've tried installing the product on don't start, and we do this type of testing for ALL products, not just your product. It's just to see how well the product works (on a wide range of hardware) but a 66% failure rate is just absurd. The other 21 products that we've tested have worked on ALL 19 machines. Why on earth does DVDFab have such a high failure rate? What is wrong with the software? Do they not do any type of Beta testing? Such a high failure rate seems absurd.

Any thoughts? Is there any type of debugger?
                  Last edited by Slipaway; 03-29-2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Hopefully all that typing has made you feel better but it made it difficult to understand what your real issue is.

Based on your novel and other posts it looks like DVDFab has a basic conflict with something installed on some machines. It is obviously something that none of DVDFab's in-house machines have or they would have fixed the problem by now. My guess would be that it is something installed with other software (hopefully not malware).

I just hope this rating system of yours doesn't extend to other areas of your life... "it has now been three dates and by now other girls have been willing to" ... well, you get the idea.

Comment

Other rants moved to this thread.

Comment

im just a user and have been since fab3 and i have never had a problem with it that was not software or hardware related and i have installed it on all kinds of machines but with only xp pro never had a problem and when i needed assistance and support i was contacted so the 19 machines that you installed it on i take it they have vista and vista is garbage that is why microsoft went to win 7 and it has bugs in it they almost got xp fixed right when they moved on to media then to vista now 7 microsoft never fixes anything completely before they move on to a new operating system and nomatter what they say it still needs dos to boot not like a mac fab works the way it is supposed to long as you configure your system right so lay off the clowns they do their jobs and do them well

Comment

DVDFab has support staff and forum members that are software professionals. In your posts you have failed to even describe the problem you are having. If you want help, describe the problem and post the logs that DVDFab creates. No more rants, this is your one and only warning.

@Stormjumper
                          We do not provide support via PM in this forum, it defeats the purpose of the forum, where posts can benefit other users.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            @Stormjumper
                            We do not provide support via PM in this forum, it defeats the purpose of the forum, where posts can benefit other users.
                            You have a PM
                            Last edited by Complication; 03-29-2010, 08:54 PM. Reason: Protection of privacy

Comment

Wow.

Well, here goes nothing,, Another blatant barging in from a REAL ACTUAL NAMELESS CLOWN!! That is my middle and last name by the way.

I started with DVDFab 6. I think it was 6.2.18 Full release, and it worked flawlessly. I have used every beta version that has come out later, and they have ALL worked flawlessly. I did have a drive glitch, and had to uninstall it,, (6.2.1.8) and decided to just go with a DVDFab7 install. It didn't work the first time after uninstalling,, so I re-installed the ver.6, and uninstalled it again with A program called Revo-uninstaller.

Free fully functional download of Revo Uninstaller Pro, Pro Portable and Revo Uninstaller Freeware. Quick and fast download here.

I used the max uninstall, (gets rid of anything on your computer having to do with DVDFab,,) then re-installed the version 7 beta,, I think it was the latest beta (7027). It worked like a champ. I have the 7030 full release now, but still have the beta running,, as it has worked beautifully.
                              You might try to do that.

Or,, maybe just keep posting real long complaints,, if that is what you like doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X