X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V 7.0.2.7 Problem Playing Files

Hello,

I have a problem that seems to be effecting more and more movies that I rip.

The problem is when they are played they play for a few mins then stop and stutter and jump around. The sound track always seems to work fine.
    None of the skip steps work (pause, FF, stop)

If I try to play the IFO files on a movie that is giving me grief it refuses to play, VLC just loads the file up and then does nothing. If I play the vob files they work individually with no problems.
    Any advice would be greatly received as it driving me slightly insane.

Windows 7 64bit
    Playing .vobs via Media Portal and VLC

Thanks

Please post the requested info in the Help Us Help You document (link in my sig).

Moving thread to the DVD to DVD forum.

Comment

Log files as requested

Hello,

Here are the log files requested.

System Info

Windows 7 64bit
      Pentium Dual core 2.8Ghz
      4Gb Ram
      NVIDA GeForce 9300

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

We need a successful burn log, the next attempt make sure you have the write speed set to half the rated speed of your blank media and make sure Pathplayer in common settings is set to 'Always enabled'.
        Also update to the latest version 7030 from the forum's main page near the top.
        Also your optical drive has a firmware update that may help solve the problem and prevent future problems Firmware HQ, firmware version 1.03

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for your responce.
          Im not actually burning the files back to DVD, just playing them straight from the HDD

Ill try the firmware update and re-test.

Thanks again.

Comment

Ok,

updated the firmware and to the latesed beta release of fab.
            started a new copy but i still have the same problem.
            If I try and open the IFO file nothing happens, the VOb files work fine.

Thanks

Comment

If you are using VLC, you need to be using the "Open Disc" command (Ctrl-D) if you are not already. VLC will play the individual VOB files without it, but won't play them as a DVD, i.e. it will not be reading the IFO files. If you want to play them by double-clicking on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file you will need a player like WinDVD. The free version that came with many optical drives (WinDVD5) will do this.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

Even through right clicking VLC still does not open the file, it starts to load the file then stops and does nothing.
                If I tell VLC to open anyother .IFO file it opens and plays the whole move.

Thanks

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I have now tried the rip on another machine with a new copy of DVD fab loaded and the files play fine.
                  The only difference I can see is the read speed. On my normal PC a DVD takes about 10 mins max to copy, on my other PC it takes 20 mins, is thier a way to slow the read prosess down to make sure its not been read too fast?

Either that or my drive could be up the spout?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by solothurn View Post
                    Hi,
                    Thanks for your responce.
                    Im not actually burning the files back to DVD, just playing them straight from the HDD

Ill try the firmware update and re-test.

Thanks again.
                    Sorry, I sure missed that in your first post...my bad.
                    There's no way I know of to slow the read speed with Fab but that shouldn't be causing any problems with playback.

Comment

Working...
                    X