This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task 1 Failed-Error 400

since upgrading to the latest DVDFab, I've been getting the odd failed rip (DVD Disc to HDD Folder) in Main Movie mode. Error msg is Error 400. It seems to happen with failing recent movies (Xmen Wolverine & Men who stare at Goats, to mention a couple).

The rip proceeds to 100% and then pops up the (X) Process Failed dialog rather than the Process Completed Successfully dialog box.

However, when I investigate the movie ripped onto HDD it appears to be complete and plays back OK, so I'm not quite sure what the error is referring to, or why it pops up.

Anyone else getting this? Or can anyone shed any light into what might be wrong?

I have not noticed it but have only done a couple of rips with 7.0.3.0 so far. Error 400 is a trancoder error. Are you using DVD-9 or DVD-5 size modes for these folders? Attach the DVDFab internal and process logs to your next post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

NigelS
      This error is something I have reported to Fengtao in earlier betas and it was supposed to fix Illegal Characters in the volume label, as he reported to me it was fixed and I have tested it, but it will not throw the error until the end of the rip process, but the rip will be there as you stated.
      Maybe he will do more for this error I don't know.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@signals

Both films were as I recall DVD9 in size and I was ripping the main film to HDD in DVD9 mode, ie without transcoding. I'd read the online error description but I couldn't see how it fit my case since it was occurring at 100%.

In both cases I got round the problem by ripping the whole disc to HDD using [other software] and then ripping the main movie from the HDD source using DVDFab. This then completely successfully without an Error=400 dialog box.

Thanks
        NigelS
        Last edited by Complication; 04-02-2010, 01:39 PM. Reason: Removed non-allowed software reference. Please read General Policies before posting again.

Comment

Working...
        X