This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet for Regular DVD

I downloaded the 3/26/10 software and then installed it on a computer that is NOT on the internet. All I wanted was to decrypt a standard, old DVD but DVDFab would not run when I chose to execute the "free" software.

The failure to run seems to be a function of not having this computer on the net. But the system requirements say that the internet is only required for Blue-ray disks.

Also, I could not get the command line process to work. I typed DVDFab.exe /? for a test and there were no results.

By the way, I NEVER want to put that computer on the internet so that is not a "get-around."

Solutions?

The free version does not kick in until the trial expires in 30 days.

Use the trial option of DVD to DVD until it expires.

Internet is not required for DVD to DVD.

Comment

Still problems with standard DVD

I re-installed your 3/26/10 software. I chose (hi-lighted) the first option, DVD to DVD, clicked on the bottom to run it, and again, nothing happened. The program exited and did not show up in the Task Manager screen.

I clicked in the middle of your screen for details for running the DVD to DVD option and was told that I did not have an internet connection and was given a couple methods for getting one. But I don't want internet on this computer!

What next?

Comment

in common settings- general of DVDFab make sure (check for new version automatically) is not selected

Comment

If you clicked "Detail information about DVDFab DVD to DVD option" it loads a web page. Hard to load a web page without the internet.

Comment

AGJ the Moderator: Am I not posting in the right area for problems with DVDFab: dvd to dvd? I thought I was using the forum correctly.

When I click on the icon I got after installing the 3/26/10 down-load, here's the initial message on the screen that comes up:

Welcome to DVDFab.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            You can use any registered option, or try any option 30 days for free, or use HD Decrypter for free.

Below this are the lines that can be hi-lited for which option to use. There is no "general tab" or anywhere else for common settings. So I still cannot make this work.

Fred Fish, Junior member: You may be right ... but that has nothing to do with solving my problem of the program exiting.

Comment

Tom click on the green check at the top of your screen and click on General settings,,,,,

Comment

There isn't any "green check" at the top of my screen. The first line, as I described in an earlier post, is a blue line that says "Welcome to DVDFab" and has the "X" to exit at the right side of the line. By the way, there are a couple other posts today that seem to indicate the same problem I'm having.

Comment

You are describing the splash screen. The green circle with the white checkmark is in the same place in the program main window. Clicking it will access the Settings menu and allow you to turn off checking for new versions. Click on the "Start DVDFab" button in the lower right to start the program.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Check out the screen captures I attached to know what to do
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by AGJ; 04-06-2010, 02:37 AM.

Comment

AGJ
                      I think those three screen captures should be in thread of their own as a main page sticky.

[3 photos worth 1000 post.]

Comment

Yeah some screen captures of the most asked questions for DVDFab settings posted on forum somewhere would be a good idea to do and would save us some problems

Comment

My "splash screen" is similar ... but says "Start DVDFab" instead of "OK" in the bottom right of the screen. But when I click on it, the program exits. I never get to the screens you posted.

Comment

Your splash screen looks just like mine. It disappears when you click Start DVDFab, but the main screen should open in about 4-5 seconds. Did you run the installer "As Administrator"?
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

There will be something similar in the new Tutorial.

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                              AGJ
                              I think those three screen captures should be in thread of their own as a main page sticky.

[3 photos worth 1000 post.]

Comment

Working...
                              X