This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brothers won't record

hi i'm new here and trying to make a back up disc of brothers and wondering if anyonelse has encounyerd the same problem? I have noticed that the newer dvd movies just are not able to back up , please help, many thanks.

We can not help without more information from you.
    The total lack of details does not help anyone.

Post a log.
    What version of fab 7xxx?
    What mode ?

Comment

DVDFab has no problem with the protection on this disc using v7.0.2.7 or later. Please choose the thread prefix that matches the version of DVDFab you have installed.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

V 7.0.3.0 did this movie with no problems so I am sure that 7.0.3.2 will do it also are you using the paid version or free version, If the free version then it will lag behind the paid version on the updates so in fact you would have to wait until the free version is updated to do the newer movies, Also we would need more information on what kind of problem or error you are having in order to help you as Mr Grunon stated your post doesn't give the guys anything to go on
        Last edited by Jimbo; 04-08-2010, 03:45 PM.
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          V 7.0.3.0 did this movie with no problems so I am sure that 7.0.3.2 will do it also are you using the paid version or free version, If the free version then it will lag behind the paid version on the updates so in fact you would have to wait until the free version is updated to do the newer movies, Also we would need more information on what kind of problem or error you are having in order to help you as Mr Grunon stated your post doesn't give the guys anything to go on
          i'm not really computer savy and i'm a disabled vet so i have limited eyesight , i'm using the free version of dvd fab - dvd to dvd , hope this helps.

Comment

OK then that seems to be the reason why then as the free version lags behind on the updates to do this movie by as much as 60 to 90 days I believe so you will just have to wait until they update the free version or else buy the dvd to dvd version (sorry)
            Paid Not To Work
            Proudly Served On
            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)

Comment

OK then that seems to be the reason why then as the free version lags behind on the updates to do this movie by as much as 60 to 90 days I believe so you will just have to wait until they update the free version or else buy the dvd to dvd version (sorry)
              many thanks for the response i do appreciate it.

Comment

But what was your problem on backing up this movie, I mean what was happening when you tried
                Paid Not To Work
                Proudly Served On

Comment

But what was your problem on backing up this movie, I mean what was happening when you tried
                  it was making a noise- clicking and draging, and then it just stalls .Am i doing something wrong, sorry to bother you with this .

Comment

Originally posted by memphis77 View Post
                    it was making a noise- clicking and draging, and then it just stalls .Am i doing something wrong, sorry to bother you with this .
                    Software does not make clicking or dragging noise.
                    Check the disc for damage and warping.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                      Software does not make clicking or dragging noise.
                      Check the disc for damage and warping.
                      yes sorry i mean that when it gets to half way in the copying sttage it makes this sound and then it asks me to ignore all or abort so when i click ignore the same message comes up again.

Comment

Your drive is encountering problems reading the disc...it may be related to a lag in decrypting as explained by Jimbo (60-90 day lag with the freeware app) or it may be a problem with the disc itself.

Please run through this list of troubleshooting.:

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds

and be certain to clean the disc (#3 on the list) regardless of how "good" it looks.

Good luck
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sure sounds like the disc now
                          Paid Not To Work
                          Proudly Served On

Comment

Sure sounds like the disc now
                            yes it was a problem with the disc i cleaned it up and copied it succesfully , many of 100 thanks for the help from all of you , i'm sure a happy man and this is a great product and a great forum, again many thanks.

Comment

Glad that you got it working and BTW welcome to the FAB Forum
                              Paid Not To Work
                              Proudly Served On

Comment

Working...
                              X