This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd's burning very low quality

some dvd's when i burn them on dvd5 like pandorum the men who stare at goats and others burn in very low quality like they only use half of the disc and the picture is very poor. it has no problems while burning but it looks like it over compresses and doesn't use all the space to disc has. please help using 7.0.2.6
    Last edited by mindfreak789; 04-08-2010, 06:19 PM.

Be glad to help, but we can't without more info.
    Please read through the link in my sig below entitled
    Help Us Help You
    and post back with relevant info...especially the logs...and in particular the burn log

The devil's in the details...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

using westing house external hard drive 1TB
      sony dvd+r 4.7G 1x-16x
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mindfreak789 View Post
        using westing house external hard drive 1TB
        sony dvd+r 4.7G 1x-16x
        It appears your drive does not lke Sony D21 16x disc as it list it as a max speed of 8x and burned at less than 4x.

In the distant past I have had very bad results using Sony D21 16x disc.
        Try some verbs and see what happens.

Comment

i have backed up over 200 movies on these and this is the first time i have had problems with them

Comment

i have backed up over 200 movies on these and this is the first time i have had problems with them
            I could not care less if you take my advice or not but I speak from the experience of thousands of copies not a measly 200.

Your log says your burner is having trouble with the sony D21 disc.

Comment

Also you appear to be trying to burn at 8x and you should be burning at 4x.

I did notice in the log that the size was only 2.5Gb.

What mode are you trying to use? Full Disk, Main Movie etc.

need more detail.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

full disc compressed from 5713 to 4300

Comment

For a start, I'd upgrade to the lates beta version, 7.0.3.2

Make sure that you have the write speed set at 4x, not 8x and Pathplayer always on as these are new releases.

What I would do in these circumstance is instead of ripping to a DVD, I would rip to a folder and see what the size was of the folder instead of making another coaster.

I have done both of these titles that you have listed with no problems.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

how do i turn pathfinder on?

Comment

Settings (Little green tick top LH corner), Pathplayer.

Comment

Go to setting (white check mark in green circle top right hand side on main screen) and on the left hand side you will see Path Player click that and check Path Player always enabled
                        Paid Not To Work
                        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                        Proudly Served On
                        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

how do i turn pathfinder on?
                          Well you unlock the door and then sit in the drivers seat and put the key in the ignition and turn

To turn Pathplayer on do what GregiBoy and Jimbo said

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Settings (Little green tick top LH corner), Pathplayer.
                            Make that the top RH corner. It is a southern hemisphere thing.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                            X