This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copying movies

hi all again, was hoping someone could shed some light on this, i have a few ex rental dvds which i bought cause they were cheap and before i try to back them up for myself (before they get more damaged, suppose thats the pitfalls of buying ex rentals) i was wondering if i could back them up using dvdfab, or is there some kind of protection on them that dvdfab cant handle,would just like to know before i start wasting discs (coasters). am just using dvdfab in trial user mode right now but will be purchasing it, this is a great forum to, very helpful. thanks in advance.

I buy almost everything on the 3 or 4 for $20 sales at Blockbuster. Some of the rentals have different protection but usually nothing that DVDFab or Passkey can't handle. Many of the "new" rental versions have no content other than the main movie and 30-40 minutes of advertisements that you are forced to watch (with UOPs) so DVDFab or Passkey is a must for these.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by flashgordon View Post
      hi all again, was hoping someone could shed some light on this, i have a few ex rental dvds which i bought cause they were cheap and before i try to back them up for myself (before they get more damaged, suppose thats the pitfalls of buying ex rentals) i was wondering if i could back them up using dvdfab, or is there some kind of protection on them that dvdfab cant handle,would just like to know before i start wasting discs (coasters). am just using dvdfab in trial user mode right now but will be purchasing it, this is a great forum to, very helpful. thanks in advance.
      DVDFAB can handle the movies with no problem providing they are not so scratched up as to be un-readable by your drive.

Clean them before trying to rip them.

Rip them to your hard drive first then burn from your hard drive to a disc.
      That way if there is a problem you will not be wasting any disc.

Comment

v7.0.3.0 copying movies

thanks signals and grunon for the quick reply, i said in my post this was a great forum AND THIS JUST PROVES IT !!!!! many thanks again, will go and get burning now.

Comment

Working...
        X