X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are "Orignal IFO files"?

Hi Guys,

I am new to DVDFab (using trial version) and am about to "Clone" a DVD.

I have two boxes to check: "Copy DVD-Video Data Only" and "Copy Original IFO Files". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume the "Copy DVD-Video Data Only" must always be checked? Also, what are "Original IFO files" and should that box be always be checked?

Thanks very much!

Why do you want to "Clone" it in the first place?

Why not just "Full Disc" or "Main Movie"?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks. I want to make an exact DVD copy and I thought that was what the Clone feature was for. When is it appropriate to use the Clone feature vs Full Disc feature?
      Last edited by mraya; 04-22-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

To be quite honest, I have never used it as I have never needed to.

I always use either "Full Disk" or "Main Movie"
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

OK. Thanks.

Does anyone happen to know the answers to my two orginal questions? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mraya View Post
            Hi Guys,

I am new to DVDFab (using trial version) and am about to "Clone" a DVD.

I have two boxes to check: "Copy DVD-Video Data Only" and "Copy Original IFO Files". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume the "Copy DVD-Video Data Only" must always be checked? Also, what are "Original IFO files" and should that box be always be checked?

Thanks very much!

As requested:

'Copy DVD-Video Data Only' leaves out any computer ROM (game previews and such stuff, as well as any links to websites with more film info and extras) or non-video data that may be present on the DVD.

'Original IFO Files' gives you the navigation data as it exists on the source DVD... with the result UOPs are left in place (thus not allowing you to skip past promos, FBI warning screens, etc.).

Whether you check or don't check these boxes depends on the results you'd like to see on the finished copy.

DC

Comment

The option to keep the original IFO files was added because of certain discs with unusual authoring. In almost all cases the box should not be checked. In addition to the UOPs, other protections can be left in place as well.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
                X