This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avatar dvd to dvd "process failed error 102"

just purchased avatar yesterday standard dvd version. Halfway through copying process i get a "process failed error 102" with the old and new versions of dvdfab. the disc is brand new and has no scratches on it at all. is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions why this is happening?

Error 102 is a readfile error.

Are you using V 7040?
    Are you doing movie only or full disc or ?

Do you have a log to post?

There should not be a problem as several of us have done backups of this move with no problems using V7040

Comment

Try cleaning the disc, I just got thru doing this movie R-1 full disc using 7.0.4.0 path player always enabled and had no problems whatsoever
      Paid Not To Work
      US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
      Proudly Served On
      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
      6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

What region?
        Please specify versions/application, etc.
        Are you using retail, freeware, etc., etc?
        We need details to help you

You can take a look at this thread, protection info is posted for both R1 (post #17) and R4 (#20).
        General Avatar - Standard DVD R1

Please run through the list of usual suspect...link in my sig
        Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
        Last edited by maineman; 04-23-2010, 09:48 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

yes i am using version 7040, and did main movie like i always do. i really am not savy with technical terms and such i apologize. how do i find the log to post it? how do i know what region it is to answer your needed details MAINEMAN..?

Comment

The log will tell us many things including the region.
            Since you are in the eastern U.S. I think you will be region 1.

Look in your document and setting folder for a DVDFAB folder and the log will be in it. Just do a copy paste if you are not sure how to use the attachment feature.

Comment

Your locale.

or I guess I could have cheated like my pal Gruñón.
              Nice one, Gruñón...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Re: the logs...

The default location is:
                C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I know there are 2 different Blu-ray discs for R1...Fengtao cracked one this morning and probably has the other cracked by now.

Maybe there's more than 1 version of the standard dvd too, although this is the first I've heard of it failing with 7040.

Please run through the list I mentioned above...
                again, the link is below in my sig

Comment

i got it to work. i used "scratch out" and cleaned it good and it worked. i don't understand how it could have been dirty cause i took it right out the new package and popped it into dvdfab. but when JIMBO said to try cleaning it i figured it couldn't hurt and it worked! so sorry for taking up anyone else's time...thanks!

Comment

Even new disks can have residue left on them from the manufacturing process.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by gabbynswiss View Post
                      i got it to work. i used "scratch out" and cleaned it good and it worked. i don't understand how it could have been dirty cause i took it right out the new package and popped it into dvdfab. but when JIMBO said to try cleaning it i figured it couldn't hurt and it worked! so sorry for taking up anyone else's time...thanks!
                      Outstanding!
                      Nothing to apologize for...all you did was ask for help.
                      Glad to hear you got it to work

Comment

That code indicates a read error. Please post all your logs.

//EDIT// Or not since it is working.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

9 out of 10 times when a new disc won't read it is dirty even though you can't see it like GregiBoy said and the other 10th of the time it is a bad press, Anyway glad that you got it copied and welcome to the forum if you haven't been welcomed before
                          Paid Not To Work
                          US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                          Proudly Served On
                          USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                          6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
                          X