This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finished without actually finnishing

I was burning Avatar and it went through the usual copying process and never gave me the point to put in my blank dvd to burn when it said the copying process was finished and to click finish. I left all the settings as default so nothing was changed. I currently have the target as: C:/Users/User/Documents/DVDFab which is what it was defaulted to go to I guess, should it be changed??

this is what it says for the dvdfab_internal:

DVDFab 7.0.4.0 (2010/04/24 09:31:20)

0m 00.95s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 56.84s: detected dvd
    0m 56.94s: drive E
    0m 56.94s: video dvd 1
    0m 56.94s: volume label AVATAR
    1m 16.98s: got copyright 1 fe
    1m 17.43s: got udf/iso
    1m 19.03s: got discinfo
    1m 59.51s: got dvdinfo
    36m 06.91s: detected dvd
    36m 06.94s: drive E
    36m 06.94s: video dvd 0
    36m 06.94s: volume label
    37m 18.80s: detected dvd
    37m 18.91s: drive E
    37m 18.91s: video dvd 1
    37m 18.91s: volume label AVATAR
    37m 19.90s: got copyright 1 fe
    37m 20.34s: got udf/iso
    37m 22.31s: got discinfo
    38m 03.55s: got dvdinfo

"I currently have the target as: C:/Users/User/Documents/DVDFab which is what it was defaulted to go to I guess, should it be changed??"

Yes it should be changed if you are wanting to go directly to a burn.
    The target should be your burner.

I feel it best to rip to a hard drive as the target and then use Imgburn to burn to a disc.

Comment

I'm totally lost then because I can't find where to chose my burner. Because when I go to select a folder from the target, I don't know where to locate the burner...does that make sense?

Comment

At the top of the page where it says target click on the folder icon to the right.
        Open my computer--- scroll down and click on your burner .

Comment

added more

take a look at the screen capture I attached to know what to use to select the DVD drive

Edit I added a second screen capture that shows the dropdown menu for the target selection
          Attached Files
          Last edited by AGJ; 04-24-2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Optical drives will always have the reddish colored disc that you can see in the capture that AGJ provided.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm having issues with dvdfab now also ???? I've used this app since it's original release. So I know how to use the app. Now all of the sudden when burning the decrypted .iso images that dvdfab has created, it only burns half of the movie. I can switch to image burn and the same .iso image will burn completely. Pretty Weird. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled older versions and still now have the same issues with the older versions. I believe the new dvdfab 7.0.4.0 has changed it's registry files or something. So now all versions are doing the same crap. Hopefully Fab will fix this issue. I know it's not really a big deal to switch to another image burning software but using an all in one application is much more efficient !!!!
              Last edited by ejkiras; 04-25-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ejkiras View Post
                . I know it's not really a big deal to switch to another image burning software but using an all in one application is much more efficient !!!!
                Please follow this link and set up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab

You will find piece and joy. It will be one application, as you were dreamed
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

That's my point IPopov50. I don't want to use another app. Before this new DVDFab 7.0.4.0 release I could use Fab for everything. Now I'm having to use 2 Different Apps. Boooooooooo : (

Comment

I'm pretty sure we get your drift...but VSO is problematic for many users.
                    I'm not making excuses, it's just the way it is.

VSO is actually an "external" application as well...it is simply bundled and integrated with Fab.
                    You can do the same thing with Img...install it and select Img as your default burn engine within Fab.

Frankly, VSO has always worked well for me, but I use Img almost exclusively...it is the best burn engine of its kind out there, bar none and has wonderful support.

If you already know all this...apologies
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                    X