This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd to dvd "main movie" option

Why is it that everytime I choose the "main movie" option when going from dvd to dvd the entire disc is burned.

The "main movie" option is supposed to record only the movie leaving out menus and trailors. I haven't tried it yet but I would think that if you want menus, trailors and the movie you would choose the "full disc" option.

If the answer to this question is simple or my question sounds stupid please excuse me as I am new to dvd fab.

You are correct in your assumptions that "Main Movie" should give you just that.

Please provide more details on what and how you are doing so that we can point you in the right direction.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybgoode8865 View Post
      Why is it that everytime I choose the "main movie" option when going from dvd to dvd the entire disc is burned.

The "main movie" option is supposed to record only the movie leaving out menus and trailors. I haven't tried it yet but I would think that if you want menus, trailors and the movie you would choose the "full disc" option.
      johnnybgoode8865
      Could you please be more descriptive. When you insert DVD and select "Main Movie" option what exactly are doing next, what selections do you make. Can you make a screenshot?
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        You are correct in your assumptions that "Main Movie" should give you just that.

Please provide more details on what and how you are doing so that we can point you in the right direction.
        Geez GregiBoy,
        can you be a little bit slower???
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

What else do you need to know? I chose the "main movie" option. I'm not aware of anything else I would need to do.

Comment

OK. You selected "Main movie" option, when window opened, what titles were selected. Did you made any additional selections? Can you make screenshot of DVDFab before you click "next"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybgoode8865 View Post
              What else do you need to know? I chose the "main movie" option. I'm not aware of anything else I would need to do.
              I'm looking not for something else "you would need to do" but for something you shouldn't do.
              sigpic

Comment

I tried a different movie and it worked fine. I was able to see all the titles, chapters and play times. The first movie only gave me 1 title so I had nothing else to work with.

Comment

What is the title and what version of Fab are you using?

These little things are called "Details" which will enable us to help you !!!
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry, by titles, play times, aspect ration and chapters I'm referring to the DVD to DVD Main Movie screen just below target. Version 7.0.4.0

Comment

OK, What I meant is what is the title of the movie and you should update to the latest Fab, 7.0.4.5 anyway.

Comment

Johnny
                        The symptoms you are describing are impossible to create using Main Movie copy mode. You can make only one Title selection in Main Movie. Please check your settings and attach a screen capture. I have just tested this with v7.0.4.0 and it works normally.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X