This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Subtitles Only

I was wondering how to select only forced subtitles in a DVD to Main Movie copy. I usually don't check any subpictures/subtitles as i don't really want them but, i do want to see English translations of foreign language spoken in the films. I realize that DVD to Mobile has a checkbox for this but, don't see it with DVD to DVD.

I'd simply like to know how i would copy only the forced subtitles without needing to view ALL the English subtitles when ripping the main movie.

What I do with every movie before I put it through DVDFab, is I select the audio and subpicture settings I want through the menu of the DVD movie. Then I watch the start of the movie and I take note of what audio and subpicture streams are being used (software players like PowerDVD are far easier to use for this). Using this method you can easily tell what subpicture stream is being used and whether it is actually on or off as well.

In DVDFab, you tick the box next to the appropriate subtitle/subpicture that you want to include with the movie. Then my understanding is (unless someone can correct me) that you click to the left of the box with the tick in it next to your chosen subpicture to turn on a blue arrow. With subpictures this means that the stream is turned on automatically without you having to select it every time you watch the movie. But you first need to find out if this is what you need to do by watching the movie and seeing what streams your player has been told to use by the movie, and whether the subtitles are displayed or not.

Comment

Forced Subpicture check box

Thanks Roach76. I was hoping it could be as simple as checking the "forced subpicture" checkbox that he has in the DVD to Mobile. Not sure why it isn't also in DVD to DVD. Seems pretty easy as far as coding goes. Used to use it in DVD Shrink all the time.

Feature request, please!

Comment

It isn't needed in DVD to DVD. Forced subs will play by themselves if the stream that contains them is included by checking the selection box only. If you set the stream to default play by making the little arrow appear (clicking to the left of the box) all of the subs in that stream will play by default (not just the forced ones) which is usually not a desired result. You can use the preview window in DVDFab to see what each subpicture stream contains.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X