This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Folder is being deleted

I have the "Delete Temporary Files when done" unchecked in the "General Settings" window; however, the "Temp" folder is being deleted when the copy is finished. This happens in both "DVD to DVD" and "DVD to Mobile". I'm not sure which update this started happening. I normally delete these files myself when I determine the backup is okay.

If you use a hard drive as the target and then burn from the folder on the hard drive you will never have to worry about the temp. folder.

Yes in the distant pass that has happened to me and is one of the reasons I use a hard drive as the target.

Comment

Is your temp folder the same as your output folder is it is change the temp folder to another one to see if it sticks and also double check to make sure you do not have delete temp folder checked as I not have checked and my files do not get deleted

Comment

I have the output directory under the "General" Setting" at "C:\DVD_Video\" and the "Temporary" directory set at the default. Neither directory contains files upon completion. However, the files are created correctly on the target whether its a Harddrive file or a DVD recorder. The files use to show up in the default temp directory.
        I'll try a complete backup...I've been using "Main Movie" option. Definitely do not have the delete temp folder checked.

Comment

I tried backup of full disk with same results. Temp folder is empty. I'll try downloading and installing the latest Beta 7.0.5.0...Maybe something in the last update didn't go well.

Comment

Downloaded and installed 7.0.5.1 and got same results. For some reason the files are not being saved in the temp folder with the box unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin203 View Post
              Downloaded and installed 7.0.5.1 and got same results. For some reason the files are not being saved in the temp folder with the box unchecked.
              Strange have you deleted DVDfab from computer and then reinstalled as administrator to see if that fixes this problem?

Comment

Sorry I haven't been back for a while...Had some minor surgery. I am always log on as the Administrator. The copy always works fine and I can copy directly to the HD or a DVD. But no tempfile is retained. I do have two copies of DVDFAB on the same HD...I do this strickly as a precaution by keeping current version and a prior version in case of problems. Is there a possibility of interaction causing the tempfile to not be saved?

Comment

dolphin203
                  Under settings is there a check mark under general settings to delete temporary files when done?
                  CBR929

Just read your previous post and you stated that you do not have it checked???
                  Last edited by CBR929; 05-11-2010, 03:00 AM. Reason: text
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'll just do as "Grunon" suggested and copy using the HD as the target. My main reason for wanting the tempfile is to complete a "DVD to Mobile" AVI/DVIX conversion to play thru my wireless network to a living room tv. In the long run it's no big deal. Thanks for all the kind responses.

Comment

CBR929 the check box is definitely not checked as I indicated in a prior post. I'm running Win 7 Professional.

Comment

I am tunning that too. I'll check the next one and see what it does. I have gotten in the habit of just ripping to hard drive then making the MPEG-4 conversions from there and using ImgBurn if I decide to burn to disc as well.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X