This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McAfee Fix

Everytime I try to download the new version of DVD fab that just came out my McAfee blocked it saying it was a Trojan Virus. I was able to download DVD fab in safe mode but I dont want to keep on having to do that. Is there a reason why Mcafee is thinking its a virus? whats the best way to fix this issue

Thanks

Tom

Report the false positive to McAfee, so they can resolv the issue with an updated virus database.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

This happens two or three times a year with McAfee.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by bagman67 View Post
        Everytime I try to download the new version of DVD fab that just came out my McAfee blocked it saying it was a Trojan Virus. I was able to download DVD fab in safe mode but I dont want to keep on having to do that. Is there a reason why Mcafee is thinking its a virus? whats the best way to fix this issue

Thanks

Tom
        That's odd, I have had McAfee for many years, and when I first started to use this forum it was red flagged by them as a dangerous site, I asked them to look at it again and they then changed it to green after finding NO problems.

I have since then downloaded every new version of DVD Fab with no interference from McAfee.

Why would it affect some users but not others?

The only thing I did do, that someone here suggested, was turning off the option in DVD Fab to automatically check for updates, maybe try that.

Comment

Just found this on a McAfee site.

''Generic Downloader x trojan is McAfee's detection of a program's Auto-Updater feature, something nearly EVERY program has these days. ''

As I said earlier, try disabling the auto update feature on DVD Fab, you don't need it and it will probably fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X