This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't select VIDEO_TS folder as Source

I made a backup of a DVD using DVDFab to create the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. I am trying to burn these to DVD but when I select the folder as Source, DVDFab starts and asks me the region but then does not update the folder in Source selection.

Any ideas why I wouldn't be able to burn a VIDEO_TS folder that DVDFab created?

You do not select the VIDEO_TS directory, you select the one above that.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes I am selecting the one above the VIDEO_TS folder. It looks like I can not open this to play in any soft DVD players either.

Could the resulting VIDEO_TS folder DVDFab created be corrupt?

BTW, this is a Disney DVD Tinkerbell if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by tflagg View Post
        Yes I am selecting the one above the VIDEO_TS folder. It looks like I can not open this to play in any soft DVD players either.

Could the resulting VIDEO_TS folder DVDFab created be corrupt?

BTW, this is a Disney DVD Tinkerbell if that helps.
        Hard to tell for sure based on info so far.
        Do you have VLC media player?
        If not, please D/L and install:
        VLC media player for Windows

Once installed, open the Tinkerbell folder...either the whole movie folder or the VIDEO_TS Folder will work, but let's try the whole movie folder.

Either right click and open with VLC or open VLC, select Media > Open Folder and browse to Tinkerbell.
        Does it play?

If this works, open Fab
        select Write Data mode.
        (This will burn the files directly to blank media without re-ripping)
        Browse to Tinkerbell movie folder

Here's a screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Write Data.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	303210
        Last edited by maineman; 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Selecting the folder in VLC plays the movie but when I try and use the Write Data option in DVDFab the same thing happens as when I try to burn to DVD:

1. I select the folder
          2. DVDFab prompts for a region
          3. I select the correct region 1 and for a quick second the DVDFab progress bar appears but then goes away.
          4. The Source does not update -- just shows "Please choose DVD/image file"

Comment

Try this morning new release of V7065........

Comment

I installed the new release but it did not make a difference. It is still doing the same thing as my previous post.

It is recognizing other folder just fine -- just not the Disney Tinkerbell rip. Is there some more information I can supply to troubleshoot this DVD?

Comment

I have made a backup of a Tinkerbell movie, so I doubt it would be the movie.

Comment

Try reripping Tinkerbel with the new version.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It should not prompt for a region since RCE should have been removed when you made the original rip. Very Strange.
                    Originally posted by tflagg View Post
                    Selecting the folder in VLC plays the movie but when I try and use the Write Data option in DVDFab the same thing happens as when I try to burn to DVD:

1. I select the folder
                    2. DVDFab prompts for a region
                    3. I select the correct region 1 and for a quick second the DVDFab progress bar appears but then goes away.
                    4. The Source does not update -- just shows "Please choose DVD/image file"
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X