This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change DVD Playback Order To First Menu And Loop

I have a DVD that starts playing without displaying the main menu.
    This is how it is by default.

You can bring up the main menu by using the controls on your DVD remote.

But I would like to make the DVD open at the main menu when I put the disc in.

So I selected:
    Change DVD Playback Order > Jump to first menu when disc inserted.

Now this works like I want, except after about 30 seconds, it completes and starts playing the first title without me clicking on any menu option.
    I would like the main menu to loop, so it stays on the main menu until I click on a selection.

Can this be done with DVDFab?

Thanks...

How does the original behave when you go to the main menu? Does it play the title automatically after 30 seconds? If so, you can't do it in DVDFab. DVDFab only bypasses navigation to jump to the first menu. To get it to loop forever, you can fix this in PgcEdit.

Comment

Originally posted by toaddub View Post
      How does the original behave when you go to the main menu? Does it play the title automatically after 30 seconds?
      No, the original loops at the main menu if you go there.

It appears that when I have changed the order, DVDFab has stopped it looping for some reason.

Comment

What movie and region would this be? Does this happen only for this DVD?

I never try this feature, but I can test it and see what's going on. Maybe someone who has tried this feature can give more input.

Comment

The DVDFab jump feature is not designed to cope with strange authoring like this original. Sounds like a job for PGCEdit and a very patient person.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The DVDFab jump feature is not designed to cope with strange authoring like this original. Sounds like a job for PGCEdit and a very patient person.
            OK.
            Thanks for the info.
            I might have to mess around with that.

If anyone has any tips on how to make it loop with PgcEdit, please feel free to post.

Comment

I just noticed something else about the main menu.
              The menu items are unclickable. The links are dead.

Comment

What version of DvdFab are you using? What happens when you don't choose this feature? Are the menu items clickable?

I can help with PgcEdit, but I don't know about the rules of this forum in providing help with other tools, and if IFO and VOB files are allowed to be posted or linked to be downloaded here. You may be better off asking for help in doom9 (and they don't allowed source files to be posted) or in videohelp forum.

On a side note, I run into some problems when testing the 6.1.0.5 beta. When I use the source from the ripped DVD folder on a HD, and the destination folder is another folder on a different HD, clicking on the Start button does not do anything. So when i choose the destination output as an ISO file, clicking on the Start button gives me the process fail message. This looks like a bug to me. It seems like DVDFab wants the destination to be on a DVD drive, but I don't want it to burn. Anyone has this problem?

Another thing I notice is the Change DVD Playback Order option. On some DVDs, this option is disabled, on others it's enabled. It tells me to have Pathplayer enabled, but I already have it always enabled. So what is the reason for the option being disabled on some DVDs? I expect this option to be always enabled (provided pathplayer is always enabled) whether the source is from the hard drive or the DVD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by signals
                  The DVDFab jump feature is not designed to cope with strange authoring like this original.
                  I don't expect this feature to be foolproof, but if it does get to the menu, it should not modify any aspects (time duration, loop counter, etc.) of the menu other than navigation bypass. So if the original menu loops forever, the feature should not change it to loop for only 30 sec. Only inspection of the files can confirm that.

Comment

What version of DvdFab are you using? What happens when you don't choose this feature? Are the menu items clickable?
                    I am using DVDFab Platinum v6.0.7.0.

If I don't use the feature, the links are clickable, and work just like the original. So I guess DVDFab is doing something that it shouldn't.

Comment

ok, would you answer my question in post #4? And I'll wait for the response from the mod about the rule.

Comment

ok, would you answer my question in post #4? And I'll wait for the response from the mod about the rule.
                        Sorry mate. I missed that post.

It is KISSOLOGY Vol. 3 Disc 1
                        But I suspect all discs are the same.

And it is Region 1.
                        Last edited by dypsis; 10-10-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X