This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitting Avatar

I am trying to split avatar into 2 dvds and I am having trouble. dvdfab states that it split the movies successfully. I then try to burn disc 1 with nero and i get a "dvd-video file reallocation failed" error. I tried different computers different dvds and still i get the same error over and over. I've searched the internet and many think the proper files are not present. So its seems that dvdfab isn't splitting the movie into 2 whole and separate dvds. Does anyone know what the problem could be and most of all how to fix it? thanks

What settings are you using for Preserve menus on disc 2 etc. And what version of DVDFab?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

iv'e got the latest dvdfab. I have the box checked that says preserve menus on disc # 2.

Comment

I am running a test with v7.0.6.7, will let you know how it turns out.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can't duplicate the problem, but I don't use Nero. I don't think there is anything wrong with the files. I split the DVD using v7.0.6.7 and it worked perfectly. The folders play fine with PowerDVD10, as do the image files I made with ImgBurn. I did not watch them all the way through, but did spot check the video and the menus. Maybe try ImgBurn instead of Nero. ??

Comment

Yup, I agree with my pal signals.
            I'd dump nero for this flick anyway and give Img a shot.

I no longer have nero installed on XP Pro and I don't have a compatible version of nero to run on Win 7 64-bit.
            I'll try to hunt it up and try to reproduce your problem.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Nero checks that the included files are present that are listed in the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

You should have gotten a row that indicate which file that is missing. Like this.

UDF/ISO compilation
              1:17:03 PM #1 Phase 112 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1841
              DVD-Video files reallocation started

1:17:03 PM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1177
              Required file 'VTS_01_0.VOB' is not present

1:17:03 PM #3 Phase 115 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1841
              DVD-Video files reallocation failed
              The most common file that might be missing is a menu VOB file, like in the above example. It might be that the file should not be included, but is still referenced in the VIDEO_TS file and that's why Nero complaints about it being missing.

I would suggest you to run FixVTS on the files in the VIDEO_TS folder that you want to burn with Nero.

FixVTS is a very tiny tool that allows you to adjust your DVD files into better DVD compliance, so they can be opened in DVDShrink, vobblanker or other DVD softwares.

Download it and run it by check marking all the three options and simple drag one of the VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder to the program window and use the 'Full DVD' button. After that give it a new try to burn in Nero.
              Last edited by Gummigutta; 05-30-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone I tried imgburn and it worked like a charm. not sure why ive used nero for years with no problems but this is the first time I ever tried to split a disc. but thanks again for the help

Comment

Working...
                X