This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with copying Main Movie

Hi I just got this software to try and copy some of my DVD's but I am not able to write to DVD, only able to rip the movie from DVD to the hard drive. After is done, it is supposed to ask me to put the blank DVD in and write the DVD, but it doesn't do anything.
    I followed the tutorial and nothing happens.

Thanks for the help.

Also, now i have the movie in the hardrive, how can i copy to the DVD? I tried the write Data option, and nothing happens either. I already looked at the tutorial but it won't let me get the source data.

Comment

If you are using an EXPIRED TRIAL Version this feature will not be available.

Click on the "?" in the top right corner and then "About" to check the status.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        If you are using an EXPIRED TRIAL Version this feature will not be available.

Click on the "?" in the top right corner and then "About" to check the status.
        is not expired, i just downloaded today to try it. says i have until June 30. 2010 to use.

Also the ripped files are in Video TS, and I can't see it when I try to use the Write Data feature, it is looking for IMG file and not TS file.

Comment

OK.... Gotcha...

To use the "Write Data" function, you must do the original rip to an ISO image file, not folders. (The same symbol as the Write data asks you to open)
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I see. I originally had the DVD ripped using the Main movie function and into a portable hard drive and it didn't burn into the blank DVD, that is why I have it in Video TS, I am able to click on it and play.

I will try again and use the DVD Main Movie function, but what should I put for Target and what should I specify for Source? I don't know why it didn't ask me to put the blank disk when I did it the first time.

I had for Source the original DVD movie and for Target I had the folder that I created in the hard drive, was I supposed to have the same DVD drive specified as Target so that it will burn the DVD? If I do that is there a way, I can have the ripped movie files stored somewhere else too instead of the Temp file?

thanks

Comment

Yes.

This may work for you.

In settings, DVD to DVD, set the Default output target to folders.

When choosing the target, select the ISO option and navigate to where to want the ISO stored.

The ISO can be used at a later stage to make the disk using "Write Data". If you want to play the rip on your PC, download and install DVD Fab Virtual Drive from this forum and mount the ISO.

Your PC will then recognise the mounted ISO as a DVD.

Comment

Write Data mode will burn folders or convert them to ISO files. It accepts VIDEO_TS folders or image files as Sources and will burn to disc or write an image file to your hard drive.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I didn't get a folder choice on Version 6 or 7. All it says is choose disk image file.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    I didn't get a folder choice on Version 6 or 7. All it says is choose disk image file.
                    Signals is correct...shocking I know...
                    Write Data mode will work just fine with VIDEO_TS FOLDERS or image files:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Write Data.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	303224

I wonder what the heck is going on that you and the OP don't have these options???
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by byhsu View Post
                      I will try again and use the DVD Main Movie function, but what should I put for Target and what should I specify for Source? I don't know why it didn't ask me to put the blank disk when I did it the first time.

I had for Source the original DVD movie and for Target I had the folder that I created in the hard drive, was I supposed to have the same DVD drive specified as Target so that it will burn the DVD? If I do that is there a way, I can have the ripped movie files stored somewhere else too instead of the Temp file?

thanks
                      Let's clear up a few of these questions.
                      If you'd like to burn directly from the dvd (ie., in 1 step) and retain the the files on the hdd once the rip is completed, please do the following:

Select the original disc as Source.

(Now, I'm not sure from your post how many ODD's you have, but it sounds like you're using just one...Fab will work just fine with a single ODD or multiple.)

Next select whatever burner you want to use as Target.
                      Let's say you're using only one burner and the drive letter is E:.
                      Just select E: for both Source and Target.
                      (Fab will prompt you to change discs since you're only using 1 drive.)

Now enter Common Settings >
                      (click on the little white check mark in the green circle...upper right corner)
                      > General >
                      untick Delete temporary files when done.

At this point, you will have to delete these archived files manually if and when it becomes necessary.
                      Last edited by maineman; 06-02-2010, 06:06 AM.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                      X