Batch ripping problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch ripping problems

I'm ripping single eps from my original series DVDs to encode as xvid for my media center using DVDfab's DVD to DVD > Main movie mode. The batch looks like this:

Code:
    dvdfab /MODE MAINMOVIE /SRC "e:\video_ts" /DEST "l:\my favourite show\show.s01e01" /TITLE 3 /CLOSE
    dvdfab /MODE MAINMOVIE /SRC "e:\video_ts" /DEST "l:\my favourite show\show.s01e02" /TITLE 4 /CLOSE
    dvdfab /MODE MAINMOVIE /SRC "e:\video_ts" /DEST "l:\my favourite show\show.s01e03" /TITLE 5 /CLOSE
    dvdfab /MODE MAINMOVIE /SRC "e:\video_ts" /DEST "l:\my favourite show\show.s01e04" /TITLE 6 /CLOSE
    The reason I'm using "/CLOSE" is that without it after ripping each ep DVDFab pops up a window with an ok message that must be clicked manually which pretty much defeats the whole batch functionality idea. Even worse, I also have to click on "finish" and "start" which does not continue my batch but tries to rip the very same ep again asking me if I'd like to overwrite it.

So is there any way to make DVDfab automatically okay these prompts? Using "/CLOSE" as above does work but results in DVDfab scanning the disc 4 times total (prior to each ep to be ripped) instead of only once.

And what about a coexistance of 6.x and 7.x on the same system? According to your homepage that's just fine but when I reused my batch from 6.x rips with 7.x, DVDFab would always ignore "/TITLE 3" and rip title 1 instead. How come?

Also, I've unchecked "Create files in subfolders of output directory", why is it that files still end up in

my favourite show\show.s01e04\disc_volume_label\video_ts\*.vob

instead of

my favourite show\show.s01e04\*.vob?

Also, how about adding a command to be placed at the end of batch file to eject source disc when finished? I had to turn the option off in the GUI, otherwised DVDFab would eject the disc after each ep. Thx.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Hi Chetwood,
    That's a lot of questions! I will try to duplicate what you are seeing, in the meantime, maybe one of our command line or batch users can contribute.

I think it might work better if you used Customize mode rather than Main Movie for this, especially if you are using DVD to Mobile to make the conversions (only 1 "start").

I don't understand your /DEST switch usage. For VOB-type output, it will always be in a VIDEO_TS folder, in a folder of the disc volume name, placed in the path you specify with /DEST (i.e. it seems to be doing what you specified)

Can't explain the v6 vs. v7 things at all.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm doing my encodes with AutoGK, that's why I've used DVD to DVD (also because Fengtao told me this was the only way to completely get rid of any copy protections that otherwise might lead to streams being out of sync). So I'm not sure what you think DVD to Mobile would do better for me.

Concerning /DEST: I don't need a VIDEO_TS folder nor a disc volume name folder cause the folder name I use to write to has all the info I need.

MultiShrink

Comment

I use the bat command from time to time to convert a series to XVID. I have never had problems with audio sync. I rip DVD to disk and run a batch file. I find this more reliable than using the queue. You need to fully specify the path for DVDFab to get the right version. The /CLOSE statement cleans up the temp files. Reinitializing only takes 10-15 secs. I use 2-pass encoding so the conversion takes 30-60 minutes. I don't care about 15 secs especially since I want to make sure the temp files are removed. I attached an example. Note the rename command. This assumes you run the batch command from the dest dir. You need to fully qualify the paths on the rename if you run it from another location.
        Attached Files

Comment

Like I said, I had trouble ripping a full episodic disc with newer copy protections (L0st S5) and Fengtao told me to rip separate eps would solve the AVI out of sync problem (the VOBs were in sync) which it did. So thanks for your batch but I prefer using my batch (run from the DVDfab dir so I do not need a full path) and AutoGK (to get external and no harcoded subs) so my problems are still valid.

MultiShrink

Comment

So. I had to reinstall my machine, downloaded the latest 7.0.7.9 Beta and again: despite a batch with title 3-6, it rips title 3 4 times. What gives?

MultiShrink

Comment

As it turns out I was wrong. I'd copied over an old batch file I used for ripping with DVD Decrypter and somehow thought the double quotes used were only needed because I had filenames with white space in it. I tried again with DVD Fab 8, this time copying over syntax from the commandline.txt keeping double qoutes around "mainmovie" and such as well which did the trick. D'uh.

MultiShrink

Comment

Working...
              X