This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of burned DVD corrupted

The very end of the burned dvd is corrupted and won't play. There are no error messages. Its like the burner is writing beyond the capacity of the disc. If it's a movie with a lot of credits, it's not a problem, because I can see the end of the movie. However, for TV shows, without a long list of credits, I miss the end of the show. The dvd's I'm using have a capacity of 4.7GB. The DVDFAB7 DVD-5 writiable media is set to 4.3GB. Do I need to customize this setting to write to the complete end of the data?

You probably need to reduce the burn speed or try different media. Please post a burn log.

Moving thread to DVD to DVD forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dork53 View Post
      The very end of the burned dvd is corrupted and won't play. There are no error messages. Its like the burner is writing beyond the capacity of the disc.
      This is exactly what it sounds like.
      Yes, change your settings downwards for dvd5.
      I calculate your max size at 4481 MB...this is too large.
      Most of us use 4472 MB assuming good quality media and hardware. You may not have media that will write consistently this far out to the edge.
      If you're using Taiyo Yudden or Verbatim, 4472 MB should be ok.

Your blank media actually has a capacity of 4.37 GB (4.38 GB) and not 4.7 GB
      Your pc use binary (or base 2) to calculate size whereas the manufacturer "cheats" and uses decimal (base 10)

//Edit
      Hey pard, didn't see you there.
      Tag, you're it...
      Last edited by maineman; 06-13-2010, 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed typo
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for your reply. To make sure I understand (and don't waste another disc), I should customize my DVD-5 writable media size to 4472, right? I use Verbatum discs. Should I also reduce the burn speed as suggested?

Comment

Right, I'd configure to 4472 MB or maybe a bit lower to 4460 MB, not much difference there though.

Re: burn speed etc., as my pal signals suggested, post a burn log and we can be more specific without just guessing.

The default location is:
          C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Exactly Dork53.
            人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
            Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Setting the DVD5 size larger (4300->44xx) will result in writing closer to the edge of the disc, which may not be what's needed in this case. We really need to see the burn log, the default location is in my friend Maineman's post.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hopefully the attached is the file you requested. It was initially too big to upload, so I deleted data prior to my burn attempts today.
                Attached Files

Comment

For a start, I see from the log you are running 7.0.3.0.

Download and update to the latest version from links in this forum.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Your speed is fine based on your media and burner.

Make the changes in dvd5 file size suggested earlier.
                    I would also recommend switching burn engines to Img.
                    It is much more reliable and configurable

Here's a link to a great video tutorial on how to set it up as Fab's default burn engine.

And as GregiBoy suggested, upgrade to v.7070...

Comment

Excellent! That took care of the problem. Thanks Maineman!!

Comment

Happy burning

Comment

Working...
                        X