This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key not working

Updating from 7.0.6.7 to 7.0.7.0 has resulted in key not working everything is trial. Re-install & running key made no difference. O.S. Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Running key started version 6.

Where did you purchase your key and how old is it?

There are several things that can cause problems with the registration process. If you did not purchase at
    the dvdfab.com website, your key may be blacklisted, and this list was recently updated. If you purchased there,
    you may have an operating system or antivirus or security software setting that is blocking part of the process. Try
    disabling these services. Try these steps:

Make sure you are logged in to windows as Adminsitrator or with admin permissions.
    Start with an installed version of DVDFab v7.0.7.0. Close DVDFab after it installs.
    Download the key file attachment to your desktop.
    If it is a zip file, unzip it to the desktop.
    It should appear as a file named Key.DVDFab6.
    Right click on the key file (not the zip archive). Select "Open with...". Choose DVDFab7070.exe to open the file. You may need to browse to it.
    You should get a message that DVDFab will reopen with all features enabled.
    When it restarts, select "?"->About to make sure it registered correctly.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have had a key since V5, I changed it when it went to V6 & its a legal key. It was working fine with all V7 until the latest update? The key was purchased from dvdfab.com

Comment

Try the steps I outlined.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thinking back I have had a key since V4 but deleted all the old V4 files.
          Wonder if its because I still have V6 installed? When was keys blacklisted? Maybe I will have to contact them in case my key been inadvertantly been put on. I unblocked key but still no joy still starts up V6
          Last edited by Saracen83; 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

That should not be necessary. You may want to download a fresh key from the website, it's free. It should work with the steps I outlined. I just re-did mine with no problem.

Comment

mines not working either

I cant get my key to work either, i have downloaded latest version, tried 3 keys this afternoon using both methods mentioned, have firewall turned off and it restarts still as trial version! older version registration key worked perfectly first go so im stumped. using vista

Comment

sorry, when i opened as admin it worked fine

Comment

Working...
                X