This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Navigation features ever work?

For the last 4 or 5 DVDs I've burned, I have had "Jump to main title when disc inserted" and "Remove annoying PGCs" checked, and I also have the "Always enable PathPlayer" option selected.

However, not a single one of the DVDs I've burned with these options has skipped the PGCs or gone straight to the title. Every one of them behaved just like the original DVD.

The two most recent DVDs I tried this with are Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Hustle & Flow.

Anyway, has anyone else had success with these features? Is there anything else I need to do here? Attaching logs to this post. Also, my system info is below:

** OPERATING SYSTEM **
    Windows 7 (64-bit)
    Version 6.1, Build 7600

** CPU **
    CPU0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3103 MHz

** PHYSICAL RAM **
    System has 9915.63 MB available, 12285.49 MB total.

** GRAPHICS CARD(S) **
    VideoController1:
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series )
    Adapter video RAM - 1024.00 MB
    Driver version - 8.723.0.0

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series DOES support hardware transform and light.
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series DOES support hardware transform and light.

** FREE DRIVE SPACE **
    Drive C:\ has 401.19 GB available, 465.66 GB total.
    Drive F:\ has 368.62 GB available, 465.76 GB total.
    Drive G:\ has 454.14 GB available, 465.76 GB total.

** DIRECTX VERSION **
    Attached Files

Do you have PathPlayer set as "Always Enabled" ? which is required before those features will work

Comment

Originally posted by SecretSuperstar View Post
      For the last 4 or 5 DVDs I've burned, I have had "Jump to main title when disc inserted" and "Remove annoying PGCs" checked, and I also have the "Always enable PathPlayer" option selected.
      Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
      Do you have PathPlayer set as "Always Enabled" ? which is required before those features will work
      Yup, I'm pretty sure he has PP always enabled...
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi SS,

First off, I don't think it is anything you're doing or not doing.
        The success or failure of advanced navigation features is, to a large extent, dependent on how the dvd is authored.

Rather than trying to summarize,
        here's a thread that discusses this and offers a work-around using PgcEdit.
        Hope this helps.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for the tips. It does sound like this is something that is DVD-specific. I will leave the features turned on, but I guess I will not expect it to always work. I'm a little intimidated by PGCEdit and the other tools mentioned in that thread.

Comment

Try selecting only jump to main (title or menu). That will skip most of the PGCs that it is capable of removing anyway. The PGCs that run after you click Play on the main menu are often not removed.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

PgcEdit is a bit tricky to use for a newcomer IMHO. VobBlanker is a bit easier to use and understand.

The stuff under Program chain (PGC) Blanking is what you should focus on in this guide.

It looks more advanced than it really is. Play the DVD in a software player and find out what video (like anti copy trailers) you want to remove (blank) and then just load the DVD in VobBlanker and find the PGC's (video clips) that you want to blank.

The minus is that you need to rip the DVD to your hard disk before you can use VobBlanker.

Take a DVD and just play around, you should pretty fast understand how it works.

Comment

Working...
              X