This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task2 Failed - error 111

Just started getting this when trying to write to either burner in my system. Have written to either successfully in the past. As a matter of fact, I burned successfully this morning. No systems or software changes that I know of.
    Installed latest 6.0.7.0 hoping it would fixed whatever got screwed up. Same issue. Help. Please.

Log says:
    2009-10-12 18:24:56 ---- ******************** Log session stop 12-Oct 18:24:56.985 PID 9900********************
    2009-10-12 18:24:17 Info Disc ejected by user while parsing.
    2009-10-12 18:24:15 Info Parsing disc ...
    2009-10-12 18:21:18 Info No disc in drive.
    2009-10-12 18:21:05 Error INIT ERROR: The burner is already in use. Try later
    2009-10-12 18:21:05 Error Burner currently used by Nobody.
    2009-10-12 18:21:05 Info Scanned files #8, folder #2 - total size 3765653504 b. (3.51 Gb.)
    2009-10-12 18:21:05 Info Inserted media type : DVD+R
    2009-10-12 18:21:05 Info Write started
    2009-10-12 18:21:03 Info Writable disc DVD+R inserted. Ready to write
    2009-10-12 18:20:51 Info Parsing disc ...
    2009-10-12 18:20:46 Info No disc in drive.
    2009-10-12 18:20:13 Error INIT ERROR: The burner is already in use. Try later[/SIZE]2009-10-12 18:20:13 Error Burner currently used by Nobody.
    2009-10-12 18:20:13 Info Scanned files #8, folder #2 - total size 3765653504 b. (3.51 Gb.)
    2009-10-12 18:20:13 Info Inserted media type : DVD+R
    2009-10-12 18:20:13 Info Write started
    2009-10-12 18:20:09 Info Writable disc DVD+R inserted. Ready to write
    2009-10-12 18:19:49 Info Parsing disc ...
    2009-10-12 18:19:21 Info No disc in drive.
    2009-10-12 18:14:13 Info Disc (DVD-ROM) not emtpy.
    2009-10-12 18:14:11 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
    2009-10-12 18:14:11 Info Drive has IDE-ATAPI physical interface
    2009-10-12 18:14:11 Info New Drive selected : 5:0:0 - HP DVD Writer 940d 3H23 [H] (Ide)
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info Current Drive selected : 5:1:0 - ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P59 [F] (Ide)
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info DLL Version : 4.0.4.462
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\vso_hwe.dll
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info Version : 6, 0, 7, 0
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe
    2009-10-12 18:12:55 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)[/SIZE]

According to the error something else is trying to access you optical drive or already has control of it before attempting to write. There was a program you can d/l that will check what is accessing your drives but I can't remember the name or where. hopefully another member will post. Might could try ImgBurn, If you want to try be sure to follow Trot512's instructions for setting it up. Actually a sticky at the top of this forum includes it.

Comment

using process explorer, with cd/dvd device applications closed. please search for the word 'cdrom'. if nothing is accessing your drive then process explorer will find no results.
      Find out what files, registry keys and other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and more.

Comment

Thanks. No results for CDROM. I tried the imgburn suggestion above and that lets me get around the problem. I do get a couple of imgburn errors. It squaks about DeviceioControl(IoCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL) Failed! Unabele to disable media change notification and the next error mentions Invalid Handle. Going to remove the devices in control panel and reboot.

Comment

something has control of your drive, just need to find out what. let me look more into process explorer.

do you have virtual drive software installed?

Comment

Is it a shared computer? If so maybe someone d/led a proggy that's causing this issue. ImgBurn is an awesome burning program and saved me from pulling my hair out by reporting some possible problems it detected. might even post a burn log within the DVDFab/log folder and it might shed some light to the errors its reporting. glad ya burning again anyway.

Comment

ok thats all the advice i have for process explorer. lets try another program. UNLOCKER.

its another freeware app. after install, right click the drive, from within my computer and click Unlocker.

Comment

Imgburn is letting me get around errors but reporting a couple of issues of its own:
                W 22:41:24 DeviceIoControl(IOCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL) Failed! - Media change notification has NOT been disabled.
                W 22:41:35 DeviceIoControl(IOCTL_CDROM_EXCLUSIVE_ACCESS, Lock, 1) Failed! - Reason: The handle is invalid.

Tried to search for processes that might have devices tied up in process explorer - none, tried removing devices in device mgr and rebooting, unlocker tells me that no locking handle found.

Problem started after a successful burn. Worked this morning, no changes that I know of, does not work this afternoon. Ugh.

Comment

only info i can find on the Media change error was to disable the notification in settings at the device tab. mine was already disabled by default.

(IOCTL_CDROM_EXCLUSIVE_ACCESS, Lock, 1)

this is not the usual device lock error, which LUK fixed for using third party apps such as DVDFab.

if both System Internals and Unlocker are reporting nothing, then its probably safe to just ignore it.

Comment

Here's another approach: go to the VSO Software support site:
                    Editing software, video burning, DVD, Bluray, WebM,... and video downloading from the internet. Custom your own videos menu!

Click on the send message link. It will download a small program (vsorep.exe) that will gather information from burn logs and system info and submit it to VSO's support desk. You can include a link to this thread in the message box. They will generally get back to you within 24-48 hours.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Another thing I just thought of...open ImgBurn and click the tools tab at the top and scroll down to Filter Driver Load Order and post anything found in the upper and lower filters.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Here's another approach: go to the VSO Software support site:
                        Editing software, video burning, DVD, Bluray, WebM,... and video downloading from the internet. Custom your own videos menu!

Click on the send message link. It will download a small program (vsorep.exe) that will gather information from burn logs and system info and submit it to VSO's support desk. You can include a link to this thread in the message box. They will generally get back to you within 24-48 hours.
                        good idea

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                        Another thing I just thought of...open ImgBurn and click the tools tab at the top and scroll down to Filter Driver Load Order and post anything found in the upper and lower filters.
                        another good idea. please click on copy to clipboard and paste here

Comment

Hi,
                          I have the same problem with DVDFab Platinum 6.0.6.0, 6.0.7.0, or 6.1.1.0 Beta.
                          When I will burn a DVD from DVD or Hard Disk, I see the Error:
                          "Task_2 failed! Error=111"
                          When I install the version 6.0.4.0 always it runs perfect.
                          Version 6.0.4.0 use the vso burning engine version 3.xxx.
                          Version 6.0.6.0 or higher use the vso burning engine version 4.xxx
                          The Problem is the vso_hwe.dll.
                          It is a bug?
                          bye Ofen
                          Last edited by Ofen; 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Again, try reporting this at the VSO website support link: http://www.vso-software.fr/contactfo...opic=technical. You should do this with one of the non-working versions installed. Then, in the meantime, you can try installing 6.0.4.0, then installing the newer versions, but unchecking the box to install VSO in the DVDFab installer. This will leave the working version of the VSO dll in place.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ofen View Post
                              Hi,
                              I have the same problem with DVDFab Platinum 6.0.6.0, 6.0.7.0, or 6.1.1.0 Beta.
                              When I will burn a DVD from DVD or Hard Disk, I see the Error:
                              "Task_2 failed! Error=111"
                              When I install the version 6.0.4.0 always it runs perfect.
                              Version 6.0.4.0 use the vso burning engine version 3.xxx.
                              Version 6.0.6.0 or higher use the vso burning engine version 4.xxx
                              The Problem is the vso_hwe.dll.
                              It is a bug?
                              bye Ofen
                              If it's any consolation, I'm getting the exact same problem after I updated from v6.0.1.0. Thought it was something I did or another app did to my burner config or whatever. I even have MagicJack (although it's not plugged in all the time), and was even beginning to look at it from that perspective.

In the meantime, I've gotten around it with ImgBurn, but I also get the same lockout error reported above (it still burns though).

Thanks for reporting this here -- confirms my sanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X