This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab does not open the DVD

Hello, I've just installed the latest version of the DVDFab (6.0.7.0) and I found I am unable to even open any DVD I would like to copy. The DVDFab doesn't react itself on inserting the DVD into the drive. If I choose the DVD drive "manually" myself the DVDFab asks me for a region code and then for a _very short_ time (it's more a "blink") there appears the scanning dialog and then nothing happens - the source drop-down is empty (asking me for entering DVD or selecting a folder).
    I am using Windows 7 32bit (last RC candidate).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally posted by Dron View Post
    Hello, I've just installed the latest version of the DVDFab (6.0.7.0) and I found I am unable to even open any DVD I would like to copy. The DVDFab doesn't react itself on inserting the DVD into the drive. If I choose the DVD drive "manually" myself the DVDFab asks me for a region code and then for a _very short_ time (it's more a "blink") there appears the scanning dialog and then nothing happens - the source drop-down is empty (asking me for entering DVD or selecting a folder).
    I am using Windows 7 32bit (last RC candidate).

Thanks in advance for any help.

You need to give more info. What is the dvd name?

Comment

Yes, we need more info. Attach the logs as requested in the Help Us Help You document posted in this forum.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

additional informations

Well, I'm attaching (probably pretty useless) "dvdfab_internal.log". There is only one other log in the named folder -"dvdfab_burn_vso.log" but I didn't install the VSO engine at all. Nevertheless I'm attaching it anyway.
        Regarding the other requested informations:
        1) I am not using any external hard drives

2) I am using one external USB DVD burner

3) I am using Daemon Tools Pro in trial mode (and currently not activated and hence not working) in version 4.35.0306.0088 which are emulating one BD drive in system.

4) Nonetheless I am using "standard" internal IDE/ATAPI drive for this operation

5) The only change to the system is fresh new installation of the Windows 7 and some other SW and just a very few of other SW - see attachment (The Deamon tools are not listed there - i dont know why).

6) I was trying to open DVD "Casper", but also a "Kill Bill" and some other - all of them with same result.

7) Strange thing is that it is able to open an already-saved DVD image (folder structure) on the HDD.

Ok, hopefully this is enough info for a beginning...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dron,
          I noticed You stated that you were using Daemon tools in trial mode but its not activated. I tested this and after I did had some strange errors pop up with ImgBurn that may not be at all related to your problem but The error said "SPTD can be detrimental to your drives performance" more or less. my problems was very slow read speeds but I am running Vista not windows 7 so maybe its having slightly different affects on your drives? 1st uninstall Daemon tools, then check this link and see if the SPTD driver is still installed on your system. if so run the UNinstaller then try and see what happens. might not help but once removed from my rig all my errors went away and my rip speeds was fast as ever. http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads might even try a system restore point before Daemon Tools was installed and see the results.

Comment

Working...
          X