This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

log-in/burn setting

Frist of all I can log-in to every thing but General Questions, keeps sending me back to log-in page!, So I would like to know what's going on with trying to burn at lower speed, I tryed to burn at 4x and Img-burn says incorrect or mis- compare write speed! I was burning frist with verb's at 16x and took advice from everyone and changed to 8x, and got better burns! Then I changed to Taiyo Yuden, Mid:TYG02's, Just got them,-R LACQUER 8x! Tryed to set burn at 4x, half the speed of media!, and wouldn't work with verb's, not using T02's yet! I have a plextor burnner,PX-870A PATA (IDE)! It supports 22x DVD+/-R, 8x DVD+/-R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, should'nt I be able to burn at 4x's, I can burn DL's at 2.4x, but can't get write speed set sucessfully with Img-burn! I also have plex utilities where you can set the write speed and media for the burner, Do I have to do that?, or will this burner not burn at 4x's? Dosen't Img-burn have its on drivers! Can some one HELP!
    Last edited by 8855A; 07-05-2010, 05:22 AM. Reason: forgot something

can set burn at 6x's no problem!

Comment

You should be able to post or start a new thread in General Questions. New threads there are required to have a prefix, which you select from a dropdown near where you type in the title of the thread. If you don't select one, the new thread is rejected and you get a message. Your thread should probably go in DVD to DVD anyway for more responses, so I will move it there.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You can't force a burner to burn at an unsupported speed.
        I don't know what firmware you have and ultimately what your burner is being told to do (yes I know you selected 4X in Img),
        but your burner will try to use the closest "supported" speed available to it.
        It sounds like this is what's happening.

Please post 1-2 burn logs and it'll take care of the guesswork.

Moreover, why are you trying to burn the TY's at 4X with this PX-870A ?
        You should do fine with 8X.
        Keep in mind that "our recommendation" to burn at 1/2 the max rated speed of the media is an initial recommendation...a place to start.
        This doesn't translate to an optimum setting.

I use YUDEN T02 almost exclusively (when burning SL media) and I burn 'em at 8X in all 4 of my rig's burners.
        One of 'em is a Benq 1655 which has been kicking around a few years, but still loves this media at 8X.

Are you certain these discs are real TY?..not fake TY media?
        They probably are the real deal, but you wouldn't be the first person to buy fake TY
        Did you check?

Also, as I alluded to above, you may have some I/O conflicts.
        Nothing against plextools, but I would simply things.
        Use only Img to set the write speed and please use the
        Automatic Write Speed feature.
        This means setting the Fab burn speed to "Recommended"

You know what they say,
        Too many cooks spoil the broth
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

burn set

thank alot MAINEMAN, Just thought was suppose to burn at half speed of Media! Will burn T02's at 8x's! Bruner want support 4x's! Tryed with verb's, didn't want to wast the T02's! Verb's have different MID's now, Had small problems with coasters with differ-MID's, and the T02's are real, got them from one of your earlier post, from Meritline.com, ONCE again thank you very much!

Comment

actually the TYG02 that you have are different than the YUDEN000-T02-00 that maineman mentioned as the YUDEN000-T02-00 are only 8x DVD+R media and are the best for TY media but the TYG02 8x DVD-R are just as good and can be burned at 8x as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
              Verb's have different MID's now, Had small problems with coasters with differ-MID's,
              Verbatim have had various MID for several years depending on where they are made. What is the mid of the ones you are having problems with.?
              Below are some mids that I have had personal experience with all of them with the Verbatim name on the disc.

INDIA ritek R05 001
              Taiwan ritek R05 01

Taiwan ritek F16 01

Taiwan cmc mag am3

Taiwan mcc 004 [AZO]

Taiwan mcc 003 [AZO]

Taiwan mcc 03RG20
              Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

burn set

Thanks AGJ, the TY's or -R Lacquer 8x's, made in Japan, Sold now through JVC, Part# J-DMR-ZZ-SBB! MID:TYG02!

Comment

burn set

GRUNON, the verb's I'm using now are CMC MAG AM3! and don't seam as good as MCC 03RG20!

Comment

burn set

GRUNON , the AZO better than the others?

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                      GRUNON, the verb's I'm using now are CMC MAG AM3! and don't seam as good as MCC 03RG20!
                      You are correct they are not the same quality as any of the MCC xxxx.

Comment

brun set

A big THANKS GRUNON, how do you find the better one's when ordering on-line, they don't give you much information!

Comment

Look for a photo of the product on the sellers website and look for the AZO logo on the label.

Would not hurt to ask the salesperson about the AZO logo.

See attachment.
                          Attached Files

Comment

burn set

Thanks GRUNON, never seen that before when ordering verb's, seen the same picture but didn't have the AZO on it! Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                            X