Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I get subtitles when only copying main movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I get subtitles when only copying main movie?

I would like to be able to toggle subtitles on and off when only copying the main movie on a disk, using the "Main Movie" option of DVDFab. However, when I check "English language" audio and "English subprogram" in DVDFab, the subtitles always appear on the burned copy , and can't be toggled off. I have NOT enabled the green default arrow for the subtitles.

Do the subtitles always appear because there's no menu on which to toggle them on and off? If that's the case, what's the point of being able to turn DVDFab's green default arrow on and off?

Bottom line: How can I copy only the main movie along with subtitles which can be toggled on and off?

Thank you,

I think you may be able to use the "customize" mode to achieve what you want. Select the single title you want since you have already done the first disc and using the preview window select the title that you want to copy. also select any audio/subtitle tracks. click next, on the next screen you don't have to select "change DVD Playback Order" unless you want the DVD to either go straight to menu selection or just start playing the title. click start. also check out this link to learn how to create ISO files and play them back before actually burning them to a disc so you can make sure your dvd is created the way you want it. if it is then you can use the "write Data" mode to burn the ISO to your disc. within Fabs settings don't forget to set the write speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your blank media for a stable skip/freeze free DVD during playback.

Comment

Usually this problem is caused by a setting in your DVD player.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If using the Customize mode and for example you select your title and english and spanish audio tracks with same subtitles but also have the option for french, Fab won't remove the option to select the french audio/subtitle track but trying to select either won't do anything but you will be able to select the audio/subtitle of your choice.
        GregiBoy is correct, when playing the disc back on you DVD player if you can't toggle subtitles on/off its a problem with your player.

Comment

Do you mean they can't be toggled off using the control on your player? They should not appear unless the default arrow was set. It's easy to do accidentally.

Also, make sure you don't have your TV set's or DVD player's closed captioning turned on.

Originally posted by susaninpdx View Post
          I would like to be able to toggle subtitles on and off when only copying the main movie on a disk, using the "Main Movie" option of DVDFab. However, when I check "English language" audio and "English subprogram" in DVDFab, the subtitles always appear on the burned copy , and can't be toggled off. I have NOT enabled the green default arrow for the subtitles.

Do the subtitles always appear because there's no menu on which to toggle them on and off? If that's the case, what's the point of being able to turn DVDFab's green default arrow on and off?

Bottom line: How can I copy only the main movie along with subtitles which can be toggled on and off?

Thank you,
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

this issue does come up from time to time. there has never been a definitive solution.

i always do main movie with english subpicture tracks preselected, the green default arrow is not selected automatically by dvdfab. one of my dvd players will always play the subpicture by default [but only with backup disc] my other two players will only show the subpicture by using the remote.

Usually this problem is caused by a setting in your DVD player.

Comment

Working...
            X