X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registered, but still get prompt for dual layer disks

Hello

I bought the never expire version of DVD to DVD and BLU to BLU. My burning rig is an AMD3.0single core running Vista. I let the 30 day trial expire before I put in my key. When it expired, I was getting the symptom that it would keep saying that my blank media is not dual layer. I know this is a bogus message because I have been using this TDK media for a month with no issues and as soon as the product expired it started doing this. I also have two burners and two readers and tried various combination's to get the disks to take, but it keeps giving this message, even after I put my key in.

Now the registration shows "never expire" and has my name listed, ect. I rebooted the PC, relaunched the software, it just keeps giving this bogus message now.

How do I get rid of this message?

Thanks in advance.

R

You are getting the message because compressing to DVD-5 is not available in the unregistered version and yours may not be registering correctly. On the "About" page, does it say Yes in the Enabled column and Never Expire in the other? Did you buy this on the dvdfab.com website or somewhere else?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, it shows that its enabled and set to never expire. I'm positive that this problem is due to the copy protection not being removed once I entered my registration. As I said, for 30 days I had no problems what so ever and once expired it started giving this message, which is now persisting even after I entered my key and it shows entered properly.

I bought the key from this sites links. Do I need to reinstall?

Comment

Originally posted by spiff44 View Post
        Yes, it shows that its enabled and set to never expire. I'm positive that this problem is due to the copy protection not being removed once I entered my registration. As I said, for 30 days I had no problems what so ever and once expired it started giving this message, which is now persisting even after I entered my key and it shows entered properly.

I bought the key from this sites links. Do I need to reinstall?
        On the bottom of the main screen of DVDFab look next to the word "Quality" and make sure DVD5 is selected in the drop down menu, most of the time when you let the the trial elapse the default output size reverts to DVD9.. which you can go into common settings and change it to DVD5.
        Last edited by StormJumper; 07-14-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
          On the bottom of the main screen of DVDFab look next to the word "Quality" and make sure DVD5 is selected in the drop down menu, most of the time when you let the the trial elapse the default output size reverts to DVD9.. which you can go into common settings and change it to DVD5.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't notice that and will check for that tonight.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Comment

Is Fab configured correctly?

Be certain you have DVD5 selected near the bottom of the opening screen:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	303302

Configure the dvd5 target size to something near 4460-4472 MB:

Name:	dvd5 2.jpg
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	303303

Be certain to select dvd5 as default (you can alter this as you're using the program or by changing the default setting in Common Settings):

Name:	dvd5 3.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	303304
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Is Fab configured correctly?

Be certain you have DVD5 selected near the bottom of the opening screen:

Configure the dvd5 target size to something near 4460-4472 MB:

Be certain to select dvd5 as default (you can alter this as you're using the program or by changing the default setting in Common Settings):

Yup I'm sure this is the problem which was pointed out in post #4...

BTW...Hello maineman my old friend.
              Last edited by StormJumper; 07-14-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks Maineman. I'm not sure. I'll have to presume not. I didn't realize that this thing changed settings upon expiring.

At this point I'm just happy to have something to go home and check.

I'll check tonight.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
                  Yup I'm sure this is the problem which was pointed out in post #4...

BTW...Hello maineman my old friend.
                  Hi SJ.
                  Hopefully it is.

We have had quite a few users with problems similar to the OP which were related to the DVD5 target size, ie., 4300 MB, etc.,... so I thought I'd cover all bases.
                  It took me awhile to create the attachments...serves me right for not archiving them...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks Maineman. I'm not sure. I'll have to presume not. I didn't realize that this thing changed settings upon expiring.

At this point I'm just happy to have something to go home and check.

I'll check tonight.

Thanks again
                    We're glad to help.

Once you're registered and up and running with the settings of your choosing, (ie., your default settings)...
                    Go to Common Settings > General >
                    and tick on Memorize user interface options.
                    This should do it.

On a rare occasion an update will fail to retain these settings, so if you have problems, check out your settings

Comment

You guys called it. It was changed to DVD9, just as you said.

Thanks again for the help.

R

Comment

R

Good deal, glad it was the "easy fix"

Comment

R
                          Glad to hear it my friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X