This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie split into four parts once ripped to laptop =s

Ok, so I've tried a number of things and I'm probably just being completely dumb-ass but whatever. I'm ripping the DVD Full Movie to my laptop and then once I check the folder where it's ripped to it's on like 4 20 minute parts instead of a full 80 minute movie which is kinda just what I want.

Anyone help with this?

Muchos appreciated
    Last edited by maineman; 07-21-2010, 11:51 PM. Reason: expletive deleted

This may be normal in your case, but I'm not sure I'm connecting the dots correctly.

First off, the movie is supposed to be "broken up" into individual .vob files of about 1 GB each.
    This is normal, but you shouldn't be opening the individual files to play the flick.
    Is this what you're doing? You should be opening the folder and not individual files

Do you have VLC media player?
    It's free and it's a little gem of a software player...will play darn near anything.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Praise the lord Jesus.

Thank you so much. I do have VLC media player, I just didn't realise I could just play the folder...I was just selecting the parts by themselves.

Stress reliever you are sir, a stress reliever!

Comment

and you're very welcome.

Just an FYI,

Here are a few ways to play the flick from your hdd.
        Right click on the movie folder...not the individual files and select open with VLC (or another software player of your choice).

Open VLC (or other) click open folder and navigate to the folder and click on it

Open VLC (or other), click open file and navigate to the file and open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Depending on how the file associations are set up, you can sometimes just double click on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and it will start as if you had just inserted the disc. You can also try the "Open with..." on the same file with some players (PowerDVD10 for one).
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X