X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Drive to Disc and the Registry

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, so forgive me if this has been asked already. I've been using DVDFab for some time now and what I do most is to burn my new dvd's to my hard drive so I can watch them from my computer. Every time I burn a disc from my hard drive, I have to reset the registry (LastSourceFolder) so I can burn the next one... and this gets quite annoying. Is there some way (setting or fix) that can remove this from the registry so I wouldn't have to do it manually every time?

William

You shouldn't have to do this.

Firstly, under Settings (Green Tick at top right) tick the "Memorise UI" tickbok and untick the "Create files in subfolder of output directory"

Then go to the DVD to DVD settings and select DVD 9 & DVD Folder as the default output. Close and restart fab and all should be good.

what should happen then is that every disk you rip will be in a folder name the same as the volume labe of the disk you are ripping. You can edit this for convenience and please not that a lot of older titles just had "DVD_VIDEO" as the volume name so thai will overwrite a folder of the same name.

If this does not stick, I suggest that it is a "permissions" problem on your computer and then install and run Fab as "administrator"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for your response GregiBoy...

I tried doing this both ways and I'm still getting the same results. The options stuck so I don't think that is the problem. However, if I clear the registry and then start the program, I can view any movie on my hard drive. After I burn my first disc, and I try to choose another movie (folder) to burn, the program is stuck at the folder of my first movie, and I can not go any further. So, I have to close the program, change the registry, and restart the program and then I have access to any movie I want.

Comment

What version of Fab are you using?

I remember having this problem now but it was quite a few versions ago.

It was resolved in one of the upgrades. Download and install the latest beta from links in this forum and make sure that you install & run as Administrator, not just with an account that you think has admin rights.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm using version 7.0.8.2, and I try to keep up with the latest versions.

Comment

I downloaded the new beta version 7.0.8.5 and it does the same... installed via admin, run via admin... I just can't choose any folders to burn without first removing the entry for LastSourceFolder in the registry.

Comment

Are you allowing DVDFab to close normally, i.e. Process completed successfully->Click "OK", Click "Finish"? I assume you are using Write Data mode to burn the folders. You might also try flushing the prefetch folder if you have that feature still enabled. Another possibility, try selecting ImgBurn as the burn engine. You will need to install it (free) if you don't already have it on your system.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Another thing to try is disable UAC in Windoze.

Comment

I always follow the normal way to "Finish" when I burn a disc. How do you flush the prefetch folder? I'm not using ImgBurn but I can give that a try. How do you go about disabling UAC in Vista Ultimate?
                  Last edited by programguy; 07-27-2010, 11:40 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by programguy View Post
                    . How do you go about disabling UAC in Vista Ultimate?
                    Go to control panel-user accounts-user account control is(UAC) after disabling you will be prompted to restart computer and since you have Vista you might want to Disable Windows Defender as well

Comment

Working...
                    X