X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried to update

just tried to install the new final update 7.0.9.0 and this is what i got
    (The Procedure Entry Point Getaddinfo Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic Link Library WS2_32.dll) pray tell what does that mean?
    I had to go back to 7.0.8.5 beta

What anti-virus you using? Try downloading and installing with it disabled. Make sure you download from this link as well

Comment

update

ok did what you said, still says the same thing. im running windows 2000 pro.
      full admin privs. have avg free verson everything shut off and like is stated it still does the same. now what

Comment

I think it means a file may be corrupt, but I did not get this installing on Win7Pro, so it may be OS related. Another user has reported the same thing via the Contact Us link, so it is not a single case. Please clarify that you tried re-downloading the installer (and selecting Run As....Administrator).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Please check if Digital Signature of setup is OK, if it is setup is clean and downloaded successfully.
          Have to check for my Win 2k VMWare image and then I can check again.
          I guess some bug introduced.
          Info for devs I think

@signals
          Windows 2000 doesn't have any sort of UAC and therefore no option to Run it explicitly as Administrator. UAC got introduced in Windows Vista and got improved in Windows 7.
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 08-05-2010, 03:16 PM.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

think it means a file may be corrupt, but I did not get this installing on Win7Pro, so it may be OS related. Another user has reported the same thing via the Contact Us link, so it is not a single case. Please clarify that you tried re-downloading the installer (and selecting Run As....Administrator).

i have done this and i still get that little window and fab will not open and the same little window comes up
            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 08-05-2010, 06:23 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Try the new release v7.0.9.2, this may have been one of the little fixes.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

update

hay signals THAT DID IT!! thanks

Comment

Glad it is working now. You can thank the DVDFab team, they fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                  X