This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no video preview

I just installed Dvdfav v7.0.9.3 for the first time on a WinXP Pro w/SP3. The software appears to work since I can hear the audio but I get no video on the preview window.

I went into the Common Settings and changed the decoder to internal. This lets me see video on the preview window but i get no audio. I then changed the settings back to DirectShow and selected ffdshow for the video decoder. With this option I can now see the and hear the video but on a external window.

I tested DirectX using the Dxdiag utiliy and it shows that I'm running v9.0c. All test display the message no problems found.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the built-in preview window on the program working? Thanks.

Try selecting DirectShow for the Decoder and then for the DirectShow Filter list under Video Decoder select DVDFab Video Decoder and under Audio Decoder select DVDFab Audio Decoder. This should then give you both Video and Audio

Comment

Thanks for the reply AGJ. The settings you describe are the software default settings. Unfortunately the default settings using DVDFab Video/Audio Decoder only provides audio but no video on the preview window thus the reason why I tried the other options. For test purposes I tried the software on my laptop pc with winxp sp3 and the exact same scenario happens using the default DVDFab Video/Audio settings. I get audio but no preview video.

The audio using DVDFab Audio Decoder works fine regardless of what is selected on the Video Decoder section, however the DVDFab Video Decoder does not produce video. If I select for the Video Decoder "ffdshow video decoder" I can see the preview video on an external window but not on the DVDFab preview window. The following are other video decoder options available to me under the Video Decoder section. They all produce video on an external window using the respective program: ffdshow Video Decoder, Nero Video Decoder, Nero DVD Decoder, Nero DVD Decoder HD, Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder.

Comment

Out of ideas? Is no one else having this problem?

Comment

Mine works using default settings but have you tried to fix by uninstalling DVDFab and then reinstalling. Also are you running the program as administrator and to make sure right click the DVDFab ICON and select run as administrator to see if that works if not do a reinstall of program to see if fix

Comment

We see occasional posts about preview, but there has been no general trend of widespread problems, which usually points to something in DVDFab's hardware or software environment. Try updating your video card driver, check for other software that may be causing a conflict. Don't run DVDFab with other software running that uses DirectX for video playback.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X