This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview.

Excuse me if this is posted somewhere else, but I couldn't find it, although I am new to the forum.

At present, and for the last couple of versions, the preview pane does not work for me, and I like it to work as I am then much more confident that everything is going to be okay.

Ironically it DID work last night after I turned off the pathplayer to enable the copying of Wolverine, as advised on another topic, although surely this is not the answer.

Any clues as to how to make the preview pane work, with pathplayer enabled?

Thank you..............

Which version of DVDFab are you using? Check to make sure the correct audio and video decoders are selected in Common Settings->General->Preview. If the DVDFab audio and video decoders are already selected, try some different ones. There were some changes to Preview in the release notes of one of the recent beta versions.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your help.

I am using the latest full version 6-0-7-0 (18-09-2009), I don't use the beta versions, don't really know why, just I wait for the full versions.

Just checked as you suggested, it is set to ''show preview'' and the audio and video is set to ''dvdfab'' and NOT to ''mpeg''.

It used to work okay, just not with the last one or two full versions?

Comment

Hmmm, maybe it's acting up again. I hope this isn't a new wave of preview glitches.
        The default settings should work ok, but perhaps with 6.0.7.0, there's a conflict on your system.
        I have a pretty much bare bones set up on a new build with Win 7 RC 32-bit and the preview has been working just fine with all of the last beta versions...running 6.1.1.8 right now.

You might try ffdshow. I seem to recall that this was a stable video/audio decoder when the preview glitches were rampant in the past.

Download links for the latest official ffdshow release.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

While I do appreciate very much any and all help, I would rather not add any more software to make it work, I was hoping there was a way to fix it internally with DVD Fab?

Comment

preview

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            Hmmm, maybe it's acting up again. I hope this isn't a new wave of preview glitches.
            The default settings should work ok, but perhaps with 6.0.7.0, there's a conflict on your system.
            I have a pretty much bare bones set up on a new build with Win 7 RC 32-bit and the preview has been working just fine with all of the last beta versions...running 6.1.1.8 right now.

You might try ffdshow. I seem to recall that this was a stable video/audio decoder when the preview glitches were rampant in the past.

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/download.php
            hi maineman..ive downloaded ffdshow could u please inform how to setup..thre are various pages? i would like to use it to make preview work in plain dvd to dvd mode..no blue ray !

Comment

So there IS a problem with it currently?

NOT just my installation?

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                So there IS a problem with it currently?

NOT just my installation?
                No I'm not in a position to say this.
                Yours is the first I've heard of an issue
                and now Jolly-Roger.
                The only commonality so far is 6.0.7.0., but perhaps there is a problem ???
                ...I simply don't have sufficient info to say one way or another.

I did not have any difficulties with the preview and 6.0.7.0 on either my new win 7 rig (like I said...pretty barebones)
                or my older XP Pro rig which had 4 1/2 years of all kinds of stuff on it.

Did you experiment with the preview settings as signals suggested?
                Any "better" luck?

Strange that both of you are having issues with the same version, 6.0.7.0
                I suspect the easy way out here is to simply update to the latest beta, 6.1.1.8 and give it another shot.

Originally posted by Jolly-Roger View Post
                hi maineman..ive downloaded ffdshow could u please inform how to setup..thre are various pages? i would like to use it to make preview work in plain dvd to dvd mode..no blue ray !
                Hopefully, you shouldn't have to do anything.
                I had ffdshow on my older rig and I just installed it on my win 7 rig.
                Just download the latest version, install and let the app load the default settings.

Here's a screenshot
                The preview function worked like a charm with the Fab defaults and with ffdshow
                Attached Files
                Last edited by maineman; 10-21-2009, 01:51 AM.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

and now Jolly-Roger.

I did not have any difficulties with the preview and 6.0.7.0 on either my new win 7 rig (like I said...pretty barebones)

Any "better" luck?

I suspect the easy way out here is to simply update to the latest beta, 6.1.1.8 and give it another shot.
                  I am reluctant to alter/add too much as it is working great except for the preview, and also as I posted in my only other topic, which was with this one but has been moved for some reason, I was going to download the beta but people are having trouble with that now, so I might just let sleeping dogs lie.

Thank you......

Comment

preview

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                    and now Jolly-Roger.

Any "better" luck?

Hopefully, you shouldn't have to do anything.
                    I had ffdshow on my older rig and I just installed it on my win 7 rig.
                    Just download the latest version, install and let the app load the default settings.

Here's a screenshot
                    The preview function worked like a charm with the Fab defaults and with ffdshow
                    maineman thanx for your tip ...will try this soon !

Comment

Other decoder filters that have worked well for me (XP, ATI video):
                      ffdshow
                      Sonic Cinemaster
                      Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder HD
                      Cyberlink that comes with PDVD7
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Other decoder filters that have worked well for me (XP, ATI video):
                        ffdshow
                        Sonic Cinemaster
                        Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder HD
                        Cyberlink that comes with PDVD7
                        Signals THANX FOR TIP @ present running nero video and dvdfab audio seems to work on 6118b.....when i tried ffdshow it only came up in audio section not video section

Comment

Just downloaded and installed the new 6-1-2-0 version of DVDFab, preview pane now working fine.

Thank you..........

Comment

Working...
                          X